Chapter19

Camila didn't release she was holding her breath until Lauren walked through the cafe door alongside her mother, and although both of them clearly look disturbed she is just happy that they're both now safe. Her arms immediately snake around Lauren's waist and their lips join together in a brief kiss, Lauren reassuring her that she is ok.

The younger girl rests her head on her girlfriends chest and Lauren presses her lips to the top of Camila's head.

"You're father and I will be getting a divorce and you don't have to worry about him any more Camila." Camila looks towards her mother with shock and Lauren is as equally surprised by the sudden announcement.

"Mommy what's a divorce?" Sofia innocently looks between her mother and the teenagers opposite her with confusion covering her face. Camila groans at the question because all of this is her fault, if she had been more careful with her actions then maybe her parents wouldn't be getting a divorce.

Lauren obviously notices the hesitancy consuming her girlfriend and she uses the pad of her index finger to move Camila's face so she is staring into the brown eyes.

She shakes her head and wipes away the tears escaping Camila's misty eyes. "Don't even think that to be true Camila. This isn't your fault ok babe? This is his fault for reacting in such a horrible way." Her voice is determined and strong causing a tiny smile to appear on Camila's face at her words.

"You really believe that?" Camila asks after a moment of silence between them.

"One hundred percent." Lauren replies through a whisper and brushes her lips gently against Camila's waiting mouth.

"I love you so much." Camila giggles and positions her head back on Lauren's chest.

Sinu smiles the girls, her mind acknowledging that this relationship is more than just a high school fling and she should probably speak to Lauren about that sometime soon, possibly today since she knows it will brighten Camila's mood.

She is happy for her daughter because despite all of the difficulties, Lauren has stood by her throughout everything and Sinu couldn't be more grateful for the girl.

"Lauren could you come with me to get a drink?" Sinu asked Lauren who looked at her with a confused frown but nods her head anyway, tapping the top of Camila's head to signal for her to lift up whilst she moves.

"Do you want anything babe?" Camila shakes her head with a smile and kisses her cheek before watching as her mother and Lauren walk away towards the counter. "You don't really want a drink do you?" Lauren asks when she notices the curious look beginning to appear in Sinu's eyes.

The older woman shakes her head in amusement when Lauren orders herself and Camila a hot chocolate even though the young Latina said she didn't want anything.

Her eyes search the green ones and when she finds the safety in them she sighs.

"You love Camila right?"

Lauren nods.

"Will that ever change?"

Lauren shakes her head.

"Here, I was planning on giving this to you later but I think now is the right time. It was my mothers ring that she left me."

Lauren gasps when she sees the ring being pulled from Sinu's bag.

She opens her mouth to protest but no words escape and her mouth goes dry while tears form in the corners of her eyes.

Sinu chuckles at the innocent response and places the ring securely in the palm of Lauren's shaking hand. "I trust you with my daughter Lauren and I can see you two are made to be together. You have a son already, you're only weeks away from graduating and then you're planning on getting a house. Take this ring and give it to her ok?"

Lauren cries whilst Sinu embraces her into a gentle hug and her hold around the ring tightens in the palm of her hand.

"Thank you." She whispers, her eyes landing on Camila over sinu's shoulder as she feeds Logan and looks to be speaking to Sofia.

She needs to do this quick because nothing is getting in the way of their happy ending now that Alejandro is out of the picture.