Upon A Book

Hope you all enjoy it :D

The flustered girl looked at him in silent awe. He was breathtaking. She gaped, hoping he would not notice as he perused the bookstore shelves. His eyes were the color of the ocean, mixed with spring, and his face was carved delicately into that of an angel.

The sensitive outline of his stubborn jawline, and high cheekbones was mesmerizing. But not more so that his perfectly shaped lips, with a well-defined cupid's bow. He was perfection incarnate, as his lovely hands held the book he had chosen. His chocolate curls fell over his face, as he looked down at it.

If she approached him what would he say? Would he find her intrusive? Should she even try to talk? Her mouth was dry, she would probably only manage an awkward giggle and sweaty handshake

If she approached him what would he say? Would he find her intrusive? Should she even try to talk? Her mouth was dry, she would probably only manage an awkward giggle and sweaty handshake. In any case, she was here on a scholarship, dating was not part of the agenda, she could not let this radiant being distract her...or could she?

She was blushing profusely by now, he hadn't even noticed her. Here she was all flustered over a beautiful but perfect stranger. She started to walk up to him as he began to head to the next shelf but hesitated.

(What in god's name was she gonna say?)

(No way could someone like that be single or have time for a geek like her).

She turned around closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. It was better this way she thought as she walked, with her head down only to bump into someone and fall flat on her back.

(Great! what would that angel think now if he saw her in such an embarrassing position?) she pondered.

But then her thoughts left her mind as she opened them to see the angel reaching out to pick her up.

He looked at her stating in a voice that sent shivers down her spine, "I am so sorry I wasn't paying attention let me help you out sweetheart," he said.

He held out his hand making her tremble with excitement and flashed her a beautiful Cheshire grin.

She felt her heartbeat race, (great! nice first impression!), she thought, to herself.

She berated herself mentally as she shakily reached out to touch his hand that sent sparks through her skin and managed a mumble.

"Oh thank you...no it's my fault though clumsy," she said blushing even more as he helped her up.

"In that case, I don't mind having a coffee with you as an apology," he said grinning even more. She blushed frozen in her response.

If you are here thank you for reading!

I appreciate feedback :D