Promise of Strength

For everyone that has supported me thank you, I will do my best to upload when I can I am in the middle of my Master's program so it is difficult at times.

The summer light draped over their bodies as they held each other. He looked at her in loving adoration, and she stared adoringly into his mesmerizing jade eyes.

"That was," she said shyly, "magical," he said, kissing her softly. "I.. thank you for this...but please promise me you'll go back to your music, even if we have to be apart at times," she said.

"I want you to be happy, and I will always be here waiting for you," she said, caressing his face. "I will baby," he said, "thank you for understanding how important that is to me," he said, kissing her forehead.

He smiled wickedly, "but right now, all I want to think about is how wonderful last night was and how many more nights like that await us," he said, nuzzling into her chest, making her blush deeply.

"I..me too," she told a shadow crossing her face, something that did not go unnoticed by him. "Baby, what's wrong?" he asked, worried. " I...Ville, I am here on a library program scholarship," she stated.

" I will have to return to my homeland, for some time," she added, "and my parents I... we haven't discussed them much, but they are very...difficult," she said.

"I am scared of them acting rudely towards you, thinking you distracted me from my studies," she added.

He looked at her with a determined look in his feral eyes. "Baby," he said, "yes," he said meekly, "do you love me?" he said, holding her face close. "I do," she said.

"More than I have ever loved anyone," Selene stated, "then what others say shouldn't matter in the end," he said.

He then quickly added "not that I don't care about what's important to you," he said gently, "but part of love is fighting for each other, I can't go with you, because I'll most likely be on tour, but you gotta be strong for me darling," he said.

With all the fears swelling in her heart, she nodded saying, "I promise," to which he gave her a heart-melting smile that gave her the determination she needed, for she knew that for him, she would cross rivers of tears.

Three months had finally come to pass it was time to depart.

Although it hurt to admit, the normalcy of a life without each other was creeping into their happiness.

Ville was getting calls, and he spent more time at the studio. Meanwhile, she had gotten several calls from her parents. She had refused to answer thus far, as she could not shake a dread feeling in her heart.

Although she had promised to be "strong" for Ville, she could not even begin to explain to him how controlling her parents were.

If all the messages of "where are you" and "please we need to talk" had not been buzzing on her phone, all the time, she would have been surprised.

She knew that her parents had probably heard something. Even though Ville tried to keep his life as private as possible, something possibly had leaked out, tabloids and paparazzi had eyes everywhere, and her parents most likely had seen them.

When it came to Selene they were always on high alert, looking to see where she was and as she was currently in Helsinki, she was sure that her mother and father had been keeping tabs on the news, they probably had seen a snippet of a picture, and they were sure to be on panic mode.

She felt guilty in stating that she was so sick of it, she loved them to death, but though she had made great strides in her career, they still felt the need to keep a tight reign on her.

It seemed that alongside Ville, she was gaining the confidence she had never had to speak out and be independent. However, would she waver upon seeing her parents? Would she be able to stay "firm" for the angel that had stolen her heart?

Selene pondered all of this as she heard Ville knock on the door, they had been living together, and Ville had refused to switch things out, he wanted to spend as much time as possible with her before her departure

He was so caring, trying to cheer her up and give her courage. Despite this, she was doing her best to smile for him while being "scared to death" as his song said.

Yes, Selene, had become familiar with his music, and she loved every bit of it, he was such a talented, kind, mysterious poet, and now she was afraid that her parents would force her into submission, and she would lose him forever.

"Darling, I will not have you looking that glum," he said, kissing her chastely on the lips, "I...I know you leave soon, so I have planned something special for us," he said holding her as she tried not to cry.

She needed to be strong, (the shy girl in her had to leave, she had to be strong) she said to herself, she had repeated this mantra like a religion each night.

"I...I know I said you had to be strong. still, I also want you to know darling that, no matter what you will not lose me," he said, kissing her deeply as he held her close.

"Now come I want this night before you leave for some time to be special," he said. It managed to coax a small smile out of her, making her heart feel somewhat relieved.

"Thank you, Ville," she said, emitting a sparkling smile that melted his heart as he kissed her again, and they headed out.

Thank you and much love I will update as soon as I am able :D