Decisions

Next Chapter

"My friends investigated what was going on. I feel ashamed to say they had to bribe some people to allow me to find out where you were and what was being done to you, kultani," Ville said.

She laid between his arms. He had been caring for her all night the doctor had come in to check, thankfully nothing was seriously wrong.

Selene had asked him to tell her how he had found her, and she had told him everything, except what she had been about to do the night when he saw her. A shadow of shame crossed her face, and of course, he noticed.

It upset him deeply to think she had almost taken her life. However, after he had made her promise, she would never do such a thing again. He could not help but be infuriated at her parents.

Despite their abuse, Selene had begged Ville not to take legal action against them. They were her parents, after all. "They just, they live in a world where only status and wealth matter," she said, remembering her mother's cold words.

"Well, that it's very sad, how sad that they can't see the precious girl you are. That they refuse to let you fly," he said, kissing her softly. "But as long as I am here, you can count on me, I will never cut your wings, but I'll always protect them from any demon that crosses your path," he said holding her.

Selene was still frail, and she had to take food in small measurements. He wanted to take her away to Helsinki now, but the legal process to at least get her papers back was taking a while.

A knock came on the door as Mige came in. "How is the lady doing?" he said, waving at her. "She is still very frail, the doctor put her on some nutritional supplements. Selene will need to be away from all this drama," he said.

"I would have taken her back with me to Helsinki already but," he said frustrated

Still, until the process of the warrant to get her papers and her things back so that I can legally take her back is over we are stuck here!" Ville explained.

Mige looked at him, worried his friend was prone to mood swings, and he was sure that he was frustrated at not being able to make things move faster.

"Not only that but the parents um...they're here they want to see her...they have their lawyers too," Mige said, knowing Ville would explode but wanting to let him decide.

"It's up to you, baby," Ville said, looking with concern at her, "Just know that no matter what, I love you, and I am here, but in the end, you must decide," he said, caressing her cheek. He held her close. Selene nodded, understanding. She knew only one thing no matter what she was not leaving his side, no matter what.

^_^ I am deeply grateful if you are here!