23

We got onto our flight after not too long and settled into our seats, me sitting in between Colby and Jake while Sam and Corey sat across the aisle with some old lady.

"Hey, did that flight attendant look familiar to you? The dude?" asked Jake.

"I didn't really get a good look at him," said Colby.

"Me neither. Familiar in what way?" I asked.

"I dunno. Just familiar," said Jake with a shrug. The guys pushed their backpacks under the seats in front of them and I did the same with my purse. The flight attendant started his speech soon after.

"Hello, passengers of flight 420," his voice said.

"Hah. Flight 420," Jake whispered.

"My name is Alec and I will be your chief flight attendant today."

"No fucking way," I said.

"Oh my god," Colby said. We looked at each other and immediately started laughing.

"What? You totally do recognize him. Who is he?" asked Jake.

"Hold on. I believe Nessa and I have a tradition to uphold," Colby said.

"Seriously?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Mhm," Colby said, reaching out to grab my face.

"Ew, you're about to make out on a plane, aren't you?" Jake asked.

"Apparently," I said. Colby pulled my lips against his, ignoring the speech once again.

"Way to be kissing right now. Don't expect me to save your asses when we crash land into the ocean and you guys don't know how to use the flotation devices," said Jake. I started laughing to hard to keep kissing Colby and pulled back.

"Jake, we're flying from California to Tennessee. If we're flying over an ocean, there will be bigger concerns than the possibility of landing in it," I said.

"Our flight time will be 4 hours and 6 minutes today, with a cruising altitude of 36,000 feet. We will arrive at BNA in Nashville at local time 3pm. At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables...," Alec droned.

"What are the fucking odds," Colby chuckled.

What! I feel left out. Tell me," Jake said.

"He looks familiar because he's been our flight attendant before. When we flew to the asylum in Taunton," I explained.

"Oh shit. That's funny. But why does that mean you have to do... that," Jake said.

"Colby did it the first time Alec did his little speech," I said.

"Why?" asked Jake.

"Because she wouldn't shut up," said Colby.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"'A new coworker, a flight buddy, a part time roommate'," Colby said in a high pitched voice, mocking what I'd said almost exactly a year ago.

"Well I'm now all of those," I said. "Except for the new and the part time."

"You just wanted me to say I wanted you to be my girlfriend," Colby said.

"I—," I started. Well shit, he was right. I'd asked him what I was to him.

"Yeah. I knew what you were doing. To be fair, I asked you back what we were, giving you the same opportunity you gave me," said Colby.