72 (sam's pov)

SAM'S POV

I laid in bed staring up at the dirty white ceiling of me and Ray's small cell. Red had managed to get me and Colby to switch so Nessa could be with him.

It was the ninth. We'd be leaving tomorrow. It had to be about one in the morning, but I couldn't sleep. I somehow knew that tomorrow would be our final attempt. Whether it be because we all die or we all make it back, I'm not sure. But tomorrow was our last shot.

The whole time we'd been here I'd been so fucking excited to be able to go back and see Katrina again. But now that we were almost back, I realized something.

I had no idea what the fuck to tell her.

We would come back from the trip on the day we were scheduled to, but we wouldn't have any footage when we came back. We wouldn't have much of anything except some serious emotional trauma.

I wondered if Nessa was going to be okay. She'd had to see Colby die and then didn't hesitate to kill someone else to bring him back. And Colby probably wasn't okay either. He'd legitimately died. We'd hardly talked about it. I'd have to bring it up with him soon. I wondered how he seemed so okay. He'd literally been shot and killed and didn't say a word about it.

But back to Kat. God, I missed her. There were times that I seriously thought I'd never get to see her again. Tomorrow would determine whether I did or not.

I'd talk to Jake and Corey later and ask what they were going to tell Tara and Dev. I didn't want to lie to Kat, but I was afraid that telling the truth would just be too far fetched. I'm not sure I'd believe Kat if she told me something like this had ever happened to her.

This whole thing was insane, the way we got transported here without warning. The way Jaz had said that people suddenly go missing popped back into my head. Had she never thought twice about that? Never wondered where they went or wanted to see what everyone was talking about? Whatever. Maybe I'd tell her when we got back. I just wish there was a way for me to prove that this all actually happened so I could tell Kat.

I was really glad we hadn't told any of the viewers that we were working on a new series. There wouldn't be one. 

We would make it back with one hell of a story and some emotional damage, but nothing to show for it. If we made it back, that is.

I rolled over and pulled my scratchy blanket up over my shoulders. I needed sleep if I was planning on being alive long enough to see Kat again.