49

The hole wasn't really that bad. I'm not sure if I have room to say that since I was only there for a day, but I slept for most of it. Jinx had put me in there before I got the opportunity to clean my face off, so I'd taken off my shirt and used it to wipe off all of the blood. The shirt didn't really dry, so I kept it off since I had that white tank top undershirt on underneath. I'd also gotten bored before falling asleep and rinsed the blood out of my hair, then let it down. I'd been leaving it up every day since I'd gotten here, but it felt good to finally feel it brush against my shoulders again.

I was only awake for a couple hours of the whole thing, honestly. I guess getting beat up and then fighting other people paired with emotional devastation could make a girl tired. I was asleep when Waco opened the door.

"Hey. Up," he said. I snapped awake and quickly covered my eyes for a minute, not used to seeing light. "It's dinner time. Don't go and beat anyone up, okay?"

"Sounds good," I said.

"And where the fuck is your shirt?" Waco asked once I walked out.

"On the floor soaked with water and blood," I said, running my hands through my hair.

"We'll just get you a new one tomorrow," Waco sighed. He locked the door to the hole behind me and led us up the stairs. "Have fun with this next part," he said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"What, Jinx didn't tell you?" he asked.

"Not really," I said.

"Let's just say that Mike and Ray aren't very... popular," Waco said.

He led us the rest of the way through the cell block and over to the cafeteria, then took a deep breath before walking through the doorway.

Immediately upon walking in, I was met with a ridiculously loud noise. Everyone was stomping their feet on the ground and slapping the tables, staring at me. It eventually died down, but everyone was still looking at me.

"Was I supposed to prepare a speech in there, or...?" I asked. Everyone erupted into laughter. I even saw Jinx crack a smile.

"Get over here, smarty," Colby laughed. A big smile appeared on my face when he said that. I ran over to the tables where all of the guys were and got swooped up into a hug by the trap guys.

"Well you sure do look like a girl," said Red.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're actually real pretty," said Shag.

"The fuck do you mean 'actually'?" I laughed.

"He means that you've had your hair all knotted up and you've been wearing these giant ass clothes for weeks. You look like an actual person now," said Rock.

"Thank god you're back," said Blaze.

"Yeah. Food was real shitty without you," Big chuckled.

"Oh, shut it," I laughed.

After I finished eating, I got up and dumped my tray, then turned around and rolled my eyes when I saw Mike and a few of his guys waiting for me, blocking my way back to the table.

"What?" I asked. Big and Rock immediately got up and started walking over to me, but I held my hand out to let them know I didn't need them. Not anymore. The cafeteria fell quiet again when everyone saw Mike and me staring at each other, especially after I'd waved off Big like that.