Darker Shades Reveal or Heal?

Present Day

"So what if I asked you on a date? What would you say?"

"Are you asking now?"

"Yes." as he takes my hand in his hand. It had a week of seeing him at the bar. Jasmine and Andre are busy with plans for the wedding, which has drove me to come to the bar more often to get away from it.

"When?"

"Whenever you'd like to go."

"How about Friday?"

"So you're saying yes?"

"Yes."

He just smiled.

"Is that literally all you wanted me to do?"

"I've been wanting you to say yes to a date to me since we met that night two weeks ago. "

"So where we going?"

"It'll be a surprise, where shall I pick you up?"

"You're picking me up?"

"Do you not want me to?"

"No, I mean yes, sorry...I've never had a guy...pick me up for a date."

"Well I think now is a great time. Cheers?"

We clinked glasses,  and continued to talk. I turned my phone off because I was tired of Jasmine and Andre blowing it up. It's not that I was avoiding them, it's just that since the proposal it's become too much to deal with.

Okay so I was avoiding them, but still they have their hands full, and I already said I wasn't involved except for when it came to taking pictures. I still haven't told them anything about Lorenzo. I was going to last week when I was at the flower shop with Jasmine.

"So what do you think would be color arrangement for me and Andre? Red, Black and Green? Or Green, Yellow, and Black?"

"Well are you wanting to show pride for Jamaica or just black pride in general?"

"Well We're both Jamaican."

"You mean you being half?"

"I still am 50% so yea."

"Well then have that as the color scheme." 

"There are some really gorgeous yellow roses over here."The wedding planner came out of a part of the shop and took her hand as I was about to tell her.

Jasmine was so swept up by the wedding planner I don't even know why she had me there, so I left which I didn't even think she really noticed. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Friday couldn't come soon enough for me, not that I was excited about my date with Lorenzo, but I had a horrible week. The phone calls that I took this week were really unbelievably bad to say the least. Two days in a row I received death threats by people who demanded to speak to a supervisor,yet I couldn't get a hold of one.  

I wasn't comfortable with having Lorenzo pick me up from my apartment, so I told him to meet me at the bar as a mutual place. Dave was smiling from ear to ear.

"Shut up, Dave."

"I didn't say a word sour patch."

"He's late"

"No he's not" Lorenzo emerges out of the back and hands me bright red rose.

"Wow, well hello."

"Thought I was going to be late?"