Solid Shade of Jade

3 years ago

Time flies after you let all of the bullshit that people put you through slide by. After my recovery I didn't immediately start talking to Jasmine again, but it eventually it happened. Maybe this is what Stockholm syndrome really means. We are inseparable. However one thing became true to me. I was the permanent third wheel to a toxic couple. My photography slowly started becoming just perfected Instagram photos for his and hers pages. We took pictures in meadows and waterfalls, in front of sky scrapers and beaches, and on boats and on desert plains when we went to Arizona a few weeks ago. I was throughly sick of seeing them and taking pictures for them. I called my sister and asked her if I could visit.

"Sure, when can you come up?"

"Next week is my vacation week, so I was hoping I could come then?"

"Yea, no problem,  you okay?" She had a hint of distinct worry in her voice.

"I'm fine, it's not that I just..."

"Trouble with the lovers and friends?"

I internally rolled my eyes, it's like I literally have nothing else going on in my life that would be about anything, but them.

"Yes."

"I keep telling you, you need to-"

"Get some new friends...yea I know. I think I've tried that enough already."

"We need to get you out, there's more to life than Andre and Jasmine."

"Which is why I'm coming there next week Riley."

"Alright, book the flight and I'll pick you up from the airport."

I needed to get away. I couldn't keep taking trips with Jasmine and Andre. I still was hurting deeply after he left me high and dry for Jasmine a second time, and I still was traumatized for the violation Jasmine did to me.  I tried dating different people on numerous occasions, dating apps, group events, the whole nine yards. After awhile I just gave up, and just let myself sink into this position. Even going to Dave's started to hurt. He would always yell "Ahh my three musketeers what'll ya have? The usual?" or "Three amigos!" or my favorite "the sweets and salty" Can you guess who's the salty one?

I was on my way to see my sister, and I couldn't wait to see her and her place. Jasmine and Andre didn't see me off at the airport as you would think. I decided to wait to tell them I was leaving the last few minutes before the plane took off.

"What the fuck Jade? why didn't you tell us sooner we would have taken you to the airport."  Jasmine stated in our trio group text.

"Sorry, can't chat. Plane is taking off."

Before I turned my phone off I saw text from Andre that said

"Miss you already." but it wasn't in the group text...

I turned my phone off completely and decided I had enough of his mixed signals. 

I took a short nap, and sure enough Riley was there to pick me up with a sign that said.

"Here to pick up lost sister Jade"

"Really, Riley"

"Well is it not true?"

I just looked at her. She wrapped an arm around me and said 

"Come on Kiddo."

While in the car I was so relaxed until