Shady Shady Ma'Lady

Present Day

I know his car more than I should, and I also know that he's not in it. He has a spare to my place so I know he's waiting on me. Which more than likely since I have been avoiding both of them, Jasmine is probably waiting too.... Fuck!

I go up stairs to my apartment to await my  doom. However when I get up to my door, I only see Andre sitting watching my tv. Clearly this friendship has no boundaries. 

"Andre... what the hell are you doing?"

"Jasmine went crazy today. Why didn't you go to the dress shop with her today?"

"I overslept." Weak excuse, but it was kinda true.

"For real... you're really gonna stick with that lie?"

"It's true."

"Jade wtf is going on with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"We haven't seen you since the damn engagement party."

"That's not true"

"Bullshit, you won't answer my calls, you won't answer Jasmines, and then you miss the dress fitting? I know I'm a guy and don't know much about this shit, but even I know how important that is for your best friends wedding. Look we know you. We know you better than any one else so We didn't ask you to be at the wedding, but you gotta know that you should've been at that dress fitting."

"I..."

"Say it and don't lie."

"I..." I couldn't say that I didn't wanna go because I am still not over how both of them broke my heart twice, so I lied.

"I really did over sleep. I stayed up the night before trying to work on a few photos in the dark room. Lost track of time then overslept. "

"Okay but you weren't even here when I got here so where are you coming from and why are you all sweaty? I know you didn't go to the gym."

Fuck...I completely forgot about the dance class. Need to shower fast. 

"Um...yea, I need a shower...be right back."

"Jade... you know I've seen you naked over a thousand times right? You know I can just follow you to the shower."

"How about a little space and boundaries, you're getting married and I am sure you new wife won't appreciate this" That came out a little more sharp than I intended it to. 

"Well if she wasn't whisked away by her mother she would be here with me chewing you out, so you're lucky it's just me."

"You can not be in here with me like this. This isn't appropriate anymore." I say this as I hold my unclipped bra up to my breast as I am now in my underwear.

"I won't look, but I'll just talk to you from the toilet."

"This is so annoying, and so unnecessary."

He shuts the toilet seat down and sits on top of it. "Just tell me what's going on, this isn't like you." 

I get in the shower and undress in it, and toss my underwear and bra to the side of the tub. I turn on the water and jump to the side because it needs to warm up. Normally I would wait for it to warm up outside, but the new circumstance prevents it. 

"Nothing is going on, I...you guys know I don't like this stuff. I'm a cynic."

"No...you're not."