To Be Wed or Not To Be Wed

Present Day

So here it was The Saturday my former best friends were to be married and I was not going to participate at all. I knew the exact time, and venue. I refused. I called Zo to come over.

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly..."

"Of course."

"I don't know."

"Do you wanna go?"

"No..but...dammit! there's a little part of me that thinks I should."

"You guys were friends and lovers for a long time...seems like there's still feelings."

"What?...no."

"I don't mean you, I mean Andre...I saw him at Dave's this week."

"You...oh...wait a minute when?"

"Monday"

"So that's why you went all cave man on me"

He looked a little embarrassed and blushed. "Guilty"

Then he followed with

"Do you...do you still have feelings for him?"

I remembered how he held me while I in my robe, but then I remember how he left me for Jasmine more than once, how I have been the third wheel, the last option. Then with all the strength and indifference in my voice I stated.

"No. I don't. Whether or not he has feelings for me is irrelevant because I am with you."

"I want you to be sure."

"I am sure."

"Then go to the wedding."

"What?"

"I saw what how he felt when I mentioned your name at the bar. And I know he's been by here."

How the fuck..

"I don't get it, why would you want me to go to the wedding?"

"Finish this Jade, close the book. I don't want him showing up here any more or have a reason too, and I don't wanna be laying next to you at night knowing you may be thinking of him or Jasmine. Come back to my place afterwords and let me see that this is truly done."

Wow I was speechless, all I could say was

"Okay..I'll go."

Andre's Perspective

So here it was the day of my wedding to Jasmine. My brother just arrive with his wife and kids and I was already feeling sick. My niece and nephew jumped in my lap

"Uncle Andre!"

"Wassup squirts"

"I'm gonna be a flower girl!! See my pretty dress!"

"It is pretty, and puffy"

"Mommy said i"m a flower princess!"

"Do I have to wear this uncle dre? I dont wanna be stupid ring..bear" he struggled with the word.

Their mom came up and said "Your gonna be a big boy with a big responsibly today. Its uncle dre's big day today don't you wanna help him?"

"I guess so." 

"Okay you can go see your grandpa for some snacks"

"Okay."

"Take your sister with you."