A Shade of Poison

_______________________________ Trigger Warning__________________________________

                                                                                     7 years ago

After Jasmine took advantage of me we didn't speak for a week or so until Andre got us together at their place. He was confused about what was going on between us. 

"Why the fuck are you guys not speaking? Did something happen?"

"No"

"No"

We both say simultaneously.

"So then talk."

"You wanna eat pizza with us tonight?" She offers.

"Okay." Is all I could manage to say. I still couldn't get over that she took advantage of me while I was drunk then tried to manipulate me to make me feel like I was crazy. Leading with her only explanation is that she couldn't help herself? I don't know what to think. All the hickeys and scratches have healed but some scarred particularly around my upper thighs. 

We watched shows and waited for the pizza to arrived and all I could think is what did I do to her to deserve what she did to me, and how the fuck have I sunk this low. The pizza came and we ate that. They invited me to stay, but I told them some lame excuse and left. I couldn't sleep there. I had to have the locks changed. They always have had keys to my places and after what happened with Jasmine, I didn't feel safe. 

I tried to act normal, but I couldn't seem to stop thinking about the whole scenario. Why would she do that to me? Why would she try to manipulate me? 

The next day Andre came to check on me.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yea I'm fine. What's up?"

"I'm gonna play basket ball with your neighbors again, I told Jasmine I'd be out here but she made some lame excuse...like for real what is going on between y'all?"

"Nothing...just..."

"What?"

I couldn't tell him the truth. It would hurt him too much, so I settled for a half truth...I am famous for those.

"Well this is still hard. I mean...you left me for her, and she hasn't been that...gracious about it either."

"Oh...shit...I'm sorry Jade, I...I didn't mean to put you in this position."

"It's fine. I'm fine...it just gonna take some time."

"To realize.."

"Over your shoulder..."

"you know that I told you...

"I'll always be picking you up when you're down..."

"So just turn around!!!!!" We sing aloud

"You always skip a line."

"Shut up and go play ball." He gives me a kiss on the forehead and leaves. 

That was always our thing. We loved Drake and Josh. 

About an hour later I got a knock on the door and saw that it was Andre and that guy...what was his name...Jimmy?

"Hey, came to check back in on you and... to raid for snacks."

"Go ahead."

"I came to use your bathroom." Jimmy asked...I guess.

"On the right down the hall."

Andre went in the kitchen while continued to read my book on the couch.