Don't Rain on My Sunshine

Present Day

Another  week has passed and I realized that that it was one week until my ex friends wedding. Jasmine and Andre have stopped trying to contact me, which I was grateful for, but my mind still wonders about them.

*Jasmine& Andre's Perspective*

Sitting on the couch of their apartment is Andre, Jasmine, and Jasmine's sister Kayla. The wedding planner sits in the chair opposite of them. 

"So that's everything, we have the rehearsal dinner Wednesday evening, the Regents Gala venue, flowers, center pieces, your wedding dress, photographer, the catered food..."

Andre's face practically falls through a crack after hearing the word photographer. He looks over a Jasmine who seems to be really listening to the Wedding planner, then over to Jasmine's sister.

"This isn't right."

"What's not right?" They all simultaneously exclaim. 

"This, all of this without Jade."

Jasmine's sister gave him the most incredulous look, the wedding planner paused, and Jasmine looked puzzled. 

"Will you both excuse us, this won't take long." Jasmine took him to the side. 

They both left the living room and went into the kitchen, but not without Jasmine's sister giving Andre a dirty look. 

"What the fuck Andre?"

"You know this isn't right Jazz"

"What the fuck do you want us to do, find her and kidnap her to make her come to our wedding? She don't want us in her life anymore."

"She may not right now, but I can't picture having a different photographer there instead of her."

"What the fuck are you saying? Do you not wanna get married now just because she's not here?"

"No, I just...it just doesn't feel right knowing that she's not here."

"Andre...our wedding is next week, don't tell me you're having second thoughts now."

He looked her in the eye and wanted to say no, but no didn't come out.

"Get the fuck out." was her next words. 

He started to say, "I'm So-"

"GET OUT!"

He walked out and she broke down in tears.

The wedding planner, and her sister come back out.

"Well...I know this a bad time, but just wanted to let you know that there are no refunds on the deposit for the venue or anything else for the wedding. Call me if everything is as planned for Wednesday." She quietly excuses herself out the door. 

Her sister comforts her as she continues to sob.

Meanwhile Andre drives and drives away. He  finds himself back at the high school where they all first met. The old gym was still up and the door was slightly ajar. He walked in a sat on the same spot that  used to sit to take pictures from. He sat there remembering all the times he had with me and then to the moments of when he was with me intimately. He remembered how devastated my face looked when he told me that he was going back to Jasmine for the second and third time.

"This ain't right!" he screamed. As it echoed through the gym he stood. He looked back at the old gym one more time before leaving. Back in the car he remembered the day he told me that he was finally going to propose to Jasmine.