Brighten Up, Butter Cup

Lorenzo kissed me as if he was breathing life into me. It was slow and intentional. He held my chin and tilted towards him. He played with my lips, sucking and nipping at both top and bottom lip. He eased his tongue slowly into my mouth beckoning for my mouth to open for him. And when I did, a gush of breath escaped me. I had to hold on to him so that I didn't fall, but I turned my body over to face him. He gripped me, then pulled me on to his lap so I could straddle him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he steadied my hips. As much as I got heated, he still stayed a perfect gentleman. His hands rested peacefully on the small of my back . He slowed the kiss as it started to burn through my chest, and down through my lower stomach. As we stopped I looked at him.

"Wow."

"So would you say this is a good first date?"

"This a great first date."

"Good, let's get you home."

"Why?"

"Because it's two in the morning, and I want to still be a gentleman."

"What if I don't want you to?"

"Yes you do, and I do too, so come on."

"Okay."

I stand up and help him pack everything up back into the basket. I fold one blanket while he folds the other. Then he stops me and says quick make a wish.

A shooting star was passing by, and all I could think to wish is for this man not to hurt me, because this is becoming to be exactly what I have always hoped for. He kissed me on the cheek and lead me to the car. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My phone wouldn't stop ringing...and ringing, and fucking ringing. Jasmine was trying to get me to answer to go with her for her big wedding dress shop day, and I just couldn't bring myself to bother. I know I am in danger of being a bad friend, but I would rather be with Zo or just not deal with this at all. I turned my phone off. Then I forgot my tablet was still on and it began to ring. I know that if she really wanted to she could just come over to my apartment and try and snatch me up. However today of all days she would be to stressed to do that. 

Which turns out that I was right. The ringing stopped and I continued to sleep a little longer.  I dreamed about the night with Zo and how I really hope things continue to go well, when I finally got up and turned back on my devices I saw that I missed 40 calls from Jasmine, 10 voice mails and 2 emails. I missed 2 calls from Zo and a text message of which immediately called him back on. 

He answered in 3 rings.

"Hey Jade, how are you today?"

"I'm okay, I just woke up?"

"You realize it's 2pm right?"

"So I wanted to sleep in... sue me it's Sunday."

He laughs, "Well if you're done sleeping the day away, I wanted to know if you wanted to join me for this dance class."

"A dance class?"

"Yea..its a ballroom class"

"You do that?"

"You're surprised?"

"Sorry... yea...I have never known a guy into that, and my knowledge of it doesn't go past what i've seen on So You Think You Can Dance ."

He laughed, and said "Come on, let me show you how to dance."

"Okay, but you have been warned."