As We Were

_________Trigger Warning_________________                                                                                

                                                                                        7 years ago

As it may have been predicted, Jasmine and Andre had moved back in together, while I still lived alone.  It was at this point the two of them tried to hook me up with a string of bad dates; both men and women alike.  First there was Michael. Always a Michael or should I say big mike

We went on a date to skating rink, which seemed fun until he ran into his baby mama.

"Keisha why the fuck are you here, and where is my son?"

"Oh now you wanna worry about your son when we haven't seen you in months and then you wanna show up with one of your hoes?"

I don't do confrontation so I skated away as she yelled-

"Yea you better skate away ho," 

Luckily I drove my car and I blocked him on everything as I got in the car and drove away. That one was done by Andre. Thanks a lot. 

Jasmine tried with one of the girls she knew from college who she connected with on Facebook.

"Just try it out , you'll be fine."

And for the most part it was a normal date, however she kept talking about her ex. Then when got back into her car a song came on and that cause a tidal wave of tears and hysteria.

"Oh my god, this was our song! Jamie! Fuck! You know we were suppose to get married right?! What the fuck!?!"

"Um...do you want me to drive?" I didn't want her to wreck, but I also just wanted to get the fuck out of there and I wish she wouldn't have picked me up. She couldn't say anything just nodded so I drove us back to my place. As I got out I said 

"Are you gonna be okay to drive back?"

"Yea. Thanks for tonight."

I gave a nod, then went upstairs and gave myself a big glass of whiskey. 

After few more dates that came from Tinder this time, I had had enough. 

Jasmine and Andre sat at my kitchen table with sad eyes.

"You can't just give up." Andre looked at me guiltily.

"I can, and I do."

"You'll find somebody Jade."

"Jasmine don't do that."

"Don't do what?"

"The you'll find somebody speech." She rolls her eyes and I continue. "You'll find somebody, don't worry they will come to you. Love yourself and you will find someone that's worth loving you. It's bullshit and it's not going to happen. And please, for the love god don't set me up on another fucking date!" I take my whiskey back to my room, as they watch tv in the living room. I play Amy Whinehouse Wake up Alone, and gulp my whiskey. 

About 30 minutes later the lights go off and I hear footsteps.

"Jade stop drinking baby." Jasmine croons in my ear. 

"Fine...I'm ....fine!"

She grabs the whiskey glass from my hand. 

"It's 4 in the afternoon, stop drinking."

"Nobody fucking loves me Jasmine. I just wanna be left alone."

"That's not true."

"Yes the fuck it is." I cried. Tears streaming down my face and I can't imagine how ugly I must look right now.