Jade's Promise

I left the wedding and went straight to Zo's place. I didn't even call I just wanted to be with him so bad. After a few knocks and no one came to the door I called.

"Well Ms Jackson, what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Zo...uh hi" I was suddenly shy after hearing his deep rich voice.

"Wedding over already?"

"Yea, it's done."

"Good."

"I'm standing outside your door, where are you? You told me to come by afterwards."

"I'm at Dave's, you wanna come by and have a drink with me?"

"Sure. I'll be there in 15"

I don't know what it was, but he sounded like he might be mad at me for going to the wedding. I hurried to Dave's. I had long since took off my heels since leaving the wedding, but I decided to put them on again for Zo. He's never seen me in heels either, so this might be a good time to show him something different from me. 

When I arrived, there was a woman sitting beside him and he was casually talking to her. She was all,but laying on him and it didn't seem that he wasn't offended by it either. There's always two sides to jealousy: those who act on it, and those that don't. I was one of those people that never did, because after all I was a nobody that no one cared about. I watched him flirt along, frozen deciding on what to do. Should I go over there or just run away and realize that maybe I don't get him after all?

Seems like Dave decided for me when he called over 

"Sour patch??? Is that you?? Hot Damn!"

Zo looks over and sees me with his eyes going wide at first, then narrowing in on me with a razor sharp focus of a GoProHERO8. 

"Hey Dave"

"Usual Sour for my sour patch?"

"Yes please."

"For looking that good, I'll give you some extra cherries."

"Thanks Dave"

"You look absolutely radiant" that deep rich velvet voice called to me.

"Thank you Zo."

The girl that was sitting by him scoffed at me then tried to continue her conversation with Zo. 

"Sorry Tiffany, but do you mind scooting down a chair?"

"What? Why?"

"So my girlfriend can sit here."

"You call that your girlfriend?"

"Well I am his girlfriend."

"Yea and just because you wear a pretty dress doesn't make you pretty. I'm out. These fucking men here are all wack"

It  wasn't the first time a girl had said something like that to me, but it didn't sting any less. We sit back down and Dave hands me a bowl of cherries.

"So whats the occasion?"

"I went to a Wedding earlier this evening."

"Oh shit I forgot those two finally got hitched."

"Well...that's not quite what happened."

Zo looked down then back up at me with sad eyes.

"So what happened?" He said quietly.

"Well Andre decided he couldn't marry Jasmine after all."

"Oh." was all he could say. 

Dave took over instead.