•Chapter 14•

Jaemin pov

I decide to get my mind off things and get some ice cream for a local store. When I saw Soomin at school today, she seemed angry. I wonder why.
When I approach the door to the store, I see.. Soomin?? I need to talk to her.
I grab her wrist.
"Please, I just want to talk."

Soomin pov

"Please Jaemin.. leave me alone.." I beg.
I'm scared of him. He hurt Moonbin, so he was capable of hurting me.

Jaemin pov

I grab her wrist to talk to her, making her drop her ice cream. Oops. I'll make up for that.
"Please, Jaemin.. leave me alone.." soomin begs.
She was.. scared?
"Im not going to hurt you. I promise." I reassure.
I really didnt want to hurt her. I loved her, I wouldnt want to hurt her.
'Please, let's just go sit down."

Soomin pov

Fine.. im trusting him. Why should I?! He killed my friend. I'm curious to what he has to say, though.
I sit down on a bench, with him facing across from me. Still cautious.
"What did you do to Moobin!?" I yell whisper, starting Jaemin.
"Please, dont catch attention. We're in public. Look, you probably already know I killed him." He says.
So it's true.. he murdered my friend!
"Why would you do that!?" I yell.
"Were you jealous that he asked me out? Huh? Were you too scared to ask me? So you killed him to get him out of my life? So I could fall for you?" I rant.
"Soomin.." Jaemin says, slightly looking down.
"He was only trying to take what's mine.."
Huh? I am pulled back from my seat, a hand around my neck and another around my mouth. I try to yell, but useless. It was Haechan. He held me in place. I'm scared. They're going to hurt me?
"That's exactly what I did, Soomin. He tried to take you from me. He knew I liked you, so he asked you out. I killed him. I admit it. But now your mine." Jaemin says, close to my face. He kisses me, I try to pull away but I cant, because of Haechan.
"Understand that, Soomin. You weren't didnt look good with Moonbin, anyway. You look much better with me." I was hit hard in the head with something before all I saw was darkness.

...

I slowly start to wake up. When I do, I suddenly feel an excruciating pain in my head. Ouch.. what happened?
"Shes awake!" Who's voice was that?
Hasuel runs to my room.
"Oh thank god! Are you okay?" Go Won asks.
"I'm just fine, thank you. Really I'm okay. What happened?"
"Well, you took a really long time to get ice cream so I send Choerry to go find you. She found you on the floor in front of the shop, blacket out." Hasuel explains.
I recall what happened. Jaemin. He kissed me. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't be together. We'd our lives and groups at risk. Do I like Jaemin? Hes cute, but hes part of a rival gang. And he killed Moonbin.
"Soomin?" Hasuel snaps me out of my trance.
"Oh sorry. I was just thinking."
"Now you tell us what happened. Why were you on the floor??"
"I must have fell asleep, it was kind of late," I lie.
"Soomin. It was 7:30 when we found you. It was not late." Haseul argues.
"Trust me. I'm okay."
"Alright. Rest well, okay?"
I nod, and she walks out of my room. Phew. My phone, on the desk buzzes. I'm getting a call? I pick it up. It was an unknown number, but I answered.
"Hello?"
"Is this Soomin?"
"Yeah it is. And who is this?"
"Doesnt matter. I'd just like to talk. Meet me at your local cafe, alright? Tomorrow at 8pm? Its important."
"Alright.." I instantly hang up, kind of creeped out. Who was that? Ot was an unfamiliar voice. Who could it be?

...
??? Pov

"Boss, we found Moonbins phone at the scene. I thought youd like to look through it."
"Thank you, now get out." I order.
I unlock my dead members phone, and I look through his contacts, anything that might help me..
Soomin? Who was she? How did Moonbin know her?
I dial her number, ringing..
"Hello?" She answeres.
"Is this Soomin?" I ask.
"Yeah and who is this?"
After another mintue of talking, I got her to agree to meet up with me to talk about Moonbin.

Soomin POV

I woke up, my head throbbing with pain. Ugh. Why is it hurting again? I then remembered what happened after I left for ice cream. "Oh that's what happens," I mumbled to myself getting out of bed. I got ready for school and headed out with Go Won and Choerry. I needed to avoid Jaemin at all costs. What if they knock me out again? Or kidnap me, or worse? As usual I saw dream standing at the gate. I obviously didn't want a replay of last night so I grabbed Go Won and Choerrys hands and ran.

"Uh Soomin? You ok?" Choerry asked. "Huh? O-oh yeah I'm fine," I replied. Thinking of last night made me scared. We entered class and I was sad to see Moonbin's empty desk. Damn it Jaemin. Why did you kill him? I sat down and then guess who walked in. You guessed it. Jaemin. I ignored him and we began the lesson. When the bell rang I began to walk to the cafeteria when suddenly I was dragged inside a room. There stood Jaemin. I got scared as last night replayed in my mind.
"What the hell, Jaemin?" I yell, hoping someone could hear me.
"Shh. It's no use, no one can hear you."
"Jaemin, I really need to go!" I shout.
He started to kiss me. What was he doing? I need to get out if here. I pull away using all of my force.
"What the hell, Jaemin! Even if I did like you, this wouldnt work! It would put all of us in danger! You better watch out, Jaemin. You put your group in a lot of trouble for killing Moonbin." I warn him, and unlocking the classroom door and running away.

Jaemin pov

She runs away, opening the classroom door and leaving me inside. Trouble? For killing Moonbin? How?

"Ugh, I'm so stupid!" I yell through the empty classroom. I bang my fist against the wall. I cant like her! It could get her killed! I'm so stupid.. I curl up on the floor against the wall. Why did I join NCT? I could be with her if neither if us joined a group. I sigh before getting up and going to class.

Soomin pov

I heard Jaemin yell something as I ran out but I didn't care.
I shook it off, but still curious about what he was yelling about. Whatever! You hate him, remember? I have a meeting to attend soon, anyway.

...

Once school ended, I walk back to our base, to make sure I'm ready for my meeting. I was getting kind of hungry so I decided to eat early. I head up to my room, take a shower and get dressed. Still a little early, I think.
I walk downstairs and see the rest of the members watching a movie.
"Mind if i join you for a bit?" I ask.
"Sure!" Hasuel reassures.
I sit down on the couch. I got so comfortable I fell asleep.

I woke up. Crap!!! What time is it??
I check the time.
7:45.
Phew, I'm not late. I get up making sure I dont wake any of the members sleeping on the couch.
I walk out and drive down the the cafe.

...

I step inside, the cafe is quite busy. I should have asked what he looked like, or what he would wear. Is he even here? He said he would be. Its 8 now. I stand in line, waiting to order a coffee. I scan the cafe, and see a man sitting all alone with what seems like an expensive suit.
He cought me looking at him, smiled and waved. That's probably him. Hes very handsome.. Ah, snap out of it!

I decide to step out of the line and sit down in front of him.
"Ah, hello Soomin."
"How did you know who I was?" I ask.
"Moonbin had pictures of you on his phone," this man said, slightly looking down. He looked, kind of sad.
"Look, we believe that a member of NCT killed Moonbin. Now tell me, do you know who that is?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.
He must mean Jaemin! Should I tell him? I should. Hes probably looking for revenge. But Jaemin.. is my friend. He always was there for Haechan and I. I shouldn't betray him like this.
"Um, hello?"
"Huh?" I flinch. "Oh sorry. Just thinking, that's all."
"So do you know who did it, or not?" He said, raising his voice.
Hes kind of scary..
Hes going to get revenge on Jaemin. But I'm going to tell him.
"Yes. His name was Jaemin." I blurt out.
"That's all I needed to know. Thank you."
He stands up, and leaves a card on the table.
"I'd be a big deal if you helped us. We'd be unstoppable." The note reads.
"-Jinjin". That must be his name.
Did I make the right decision? I guess we will have to wait it out.
I drive back to the base, still seeing the sleeping members on the couch.
I head upstairs and decide to call it a night.

...

"Morning, Soomin." Go Won says, preparing breakfast.
"Morning. I think I'm going to school early today. Gotta run." I say before walking out the door.

... [lol time skip, lazyy]

I pull up to the base. I walk in to see the members sitting around the table.
"You have some explaining to do. Who's Jinjin?"
I see the note that Jinjin gave me sitting on the table in front of Haseul.