•Chapter 15•

Soomin POV

I walked over to the member and sat down. "How did you two meet up?" She asked. "Calm down he just asked me about who killed Moonbin," I replied. Her eyes widened. "Who killed him?" Haeseul asks. "Jaemin," I said. "Soomin that's Jinjin from Astro," she says. My eyes widened. "What?!" I said. "Soomin you just put him in danger!" Haseul said. I ran out of base and drove to my old home. I banged on the door and Haechan answered. "Soom-," he said but I cut him off. "I need to speak to Jaemin!" He let me in. I ran to Jaemins room and opened the door. He was just laying there..

Crying?

"Hello," I said, "we need to talk."
"What the- what are you doing in here!?" He yells, wiping his face trying to hide the fact he cried.
"I told you, Iet you talk to me. So let me talk to you. Though you did hit me.. whatever. Please. It's really important this time."
I walk over and sit next to him on his bed.
I place my gun and any other weapons I had on his nightstand to show him I wasnt going to hurt him.
"Look. I made a mistake. Your in a lot of danger, Jaemin."
"W-what do you mean?"
"Astros out to kill you. Long story short, they know you killed Moonbin. They're out for revenge. So all I'd like to say is," I stand up getting ready to leave, "is please be careful." I finish as I collect my weapons and shut his door.
"Thank you, brother. I'll be leaving now." I saw quickly trying to avoid contact with him.

...

I knew I made a mistake.. I bang my fist on the car's wheel making a loud honking noise.
"I'm so stupid."

...

I walk inside our base, but everyone's asleep. I guess I should too. I head upstairs and do my nightly routine and drift off to sleep.

...

I wake up to my phone ringing. Who could it be?
*RING RING*
I pick it up.
"Hello?"
"Ah, hello Soomin. I appreciate your help. Now I'd like to make an offer. You help us take down NCT, or I'll make sure you'll be the one to see Jaemin being killed."
I pause.
"Is this a threat?" I say, feeling anger building up inside me.
"Well, yes. Yes it is."
I thought for a second. I knew exactly what I'm going to do. I had the perfect plan.
"Alright. We will help you."
"Hmm. Great. We strike tonight." He hangs up.
Haha. I hope my plan works. 🤞 I say crossing my fingers.
I walk downstairs and everyone has already eaten breakfast.
"Guys, I need to talk to you all." I shout, just loud enough to get their attention.
"What is it, Soomin?" Hasuel says curiously.
"Dont panic. Jinjin called saying he wants to work with us to take down NCT."
"Huh? Are you sure that's a good idea?" Go Won proposes.
"Yes." I respond. "I warned Jaemin about Astro."
"Were not going to let them get to Jaemin."
"What.. do you mean?" Haseul asks.
"Just trust me. We 'strike' tonight, okay?"
I finally say before I walk off going to run errands.

... [lazy time skip lol]

It's around 7 pm and i tell everyone to get ready for our mission tonight. I myself was already ready, so I waited for the other members.
When were were all ready, we headed out to the van and made our way toward the direction of NCTs base. When we pull up, not too close to the base, we I see a van and park across from it. I look closely too see who's inside the car, and I see Jinjin chuckle.
He gets out of his van and walks to the window of the driver's side, talking to me.
"You ready? You got the other members with you?" He asks.
"I do. Do you have yours?"
"Yes. Now let's go get revenge on that bastard."
I motion everyone to get out and quietly close in on NCTs base.
I pull out my phone.

Jaemin

"There here."

-seen

Jaemin pov

I get a text from Soomin.
"They're here" it reads.
"I walk into Taeyongs office.
"Boss, they arrived." I walk out of his office, and I see the other members ready.
"Remember the plan?" I ask my fellow members.
"Yes." They respond.

Soomin pov

"Who's first to make a move?" I whisper to Jinjin.
"Us, of course. They probably know we're here." He responds.
"Go." Jinjin orders his members as they break down the door, startling the members of NCT inside. I instantly hear gunshots and yelling. I move inside, to see people laying on the floor, screaming, it's just all a mess..
I take cover behind a table down the hall, making sure no one sees me.
Through the commotion, I can hear creaky footsteps approach me.
I look up from behinx the table.
"J-jinjin?" I stutter as he points a gun at my chest.
"You fool. Never learn to trust anyone else but your own people."

*BANG*

I choose my eyes as shut as I can, trembling. A-am I dead? I continue to close my eyes and cover my ears with my hands.

*BANG*

I hear another shot. After a couple of seconds I look up behind me.
I see Haechan, holding a gun. I look down and se Jinjin, and.. Jaemin?!
He is struggling to speak. I kneel down beside him, trying to see where he was shot. On his shoulder. He groans in pain.
"Jaemin.. why did you do that? Your so stupid!"
"Let me," haechan speaks up. He picks up and takes Jaemin away into Taeyongs office down the hall. I continue to hear commotion from down the hall, they must be still fighting.

...[time skip]

Once all of astro was defeated everyone went to check on Jaemin. He survived but....he was in a coma.