Chapter 1

Heartless. This is how newspapers and magazines describe me and they're not wrong.When all you think about is business success while ignoring everyething else, then yes. I am heartless. The path to absolute success, doesn't allow the existence of any emotion. In order to run an industry, such as mine, you have to be as tough as possible. With yourself, above all. And that's because in your life will be many who will want to find your vulnerabilities in order to overcome you. But that will never happen to me. I'm Nathan Queen and all I know for sure is that I will allow nobody to get in my way. Never again.

K(ellie)- Mr Queen?

N(athan)- Huh?

K- Am I going to reschedule your meeting with Mr Ross or not?

N- Mr Ross...

K- He is the...

N- I know who he is Kellie. Honestly if you weren't my assistant the last three years, I swear I would think you're a newbie.

K- I' m sorry sir. So I' m going to transfer your meeting for this Friday night, is that okay Mr Queen?

N- Yes, Kellie, thank you. Please, don't forget to make a reservation in Canlis. Also, tell Mr Ross to be on time. I won't waste any minute longer."

K- As you wish, Mr Queen.

N- And Kellie... cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day. I had enough for today."

K- Of course, Mr Queen.

Kellie has been my assistant three years long. There are times I think she is too innocent to believe I don't know who my biggest opponents are. As she exits my office, all I can think of is how I am going to spend my night. I really enjoy my life. They say live life to the fullest, so that's what I'm trying to do.

I took the phone on my hand, I checked what time was it and I called my driver.

T(yler)- I'm listening, Mr Queen.

N- Is my car ready, Tyler?

T- Yes, Mr Queen. If you wish..

N- I want my car to be here in the next 10 minutes, Tyler. I have business to take care. Don't make me wait.

T- I'm on my way, Mr Queen.

I grabed my cell phone, my leather jacket and my sunglasses and I exit my office.

"Kellie, send Tyler the address of Mr Ross's office. I'm going to pay him a visit and I want him to come with me" I said while passing infront of her, heading to the elevator.

By the time I exit the building, Tyler arrived.

T- Your keys, Mr Queen.

N- Thank you, Tyler. Did Kellie informed you about our next station?

T- Mr Queen, I don't want to get involved in your business but wouldn't it be better to meet Mr Ross on Friday night at the restaurant?

N- Like you just said, it's not your business to get involved with. Mind your own problems and let me deal with mines.

I took the keys and got in my car. I put it on and pressed the accelerator. The only thing that could clear my mind was the speed. Being one step ahead of everyone, always requires sacrifices. Sacrifices that if you don't make, you'll be kept away from your dreams. But what happens when what you want is also what constantly leads you to situations that put everyone you care about at risk?