The Medic Pup

Have you ever wondered how Marshall became a medic pup? Here's my take on the story.

If there's one thing Marshall can't stand, it's seeing other people hurt.

The fire pup watched Rubble from his pup house. The construction pup was watching enviously as the others play on the lookout field. He wasn't able to join them because he had sprained his paw on their latest mission.

Marshall wished he could do something to relieve the pain of his friend. He was tired of seeing his friends get hurt and be able to do nothing about it.

With that thought, he made his decision. Sneaking one last look on the others, Marshall went inside the lookout and into the elevator. He needed to talk to his owner.

He found Ryder on the top of the lookout, playing something on his pup pad. Marshall smiled. It was nice to see his owner acting like his age despite the maturity he possesses. There was just too much pressure on him for such a young kid.

Marshall shook his head, remembering the reason why he went to see his owner. 

"Ryder?"

"Marshall?" Ryder asked, pausing his game. "What are you doing here?"

Marshall shuffled out of the elevator and sat down in front of his owner. "Can I talk to you, Ryder, sir?"

The ten-year-old boy chuckled and opened up his arms. "There's no need to be formal, Marshall. Come here."

The fire pup jumped into Ryder's arms and panted as his owner scratched him behind his ear.

"What is it that you want to talk to me about?" Ryder asked him.

"Well..." Marshall shuffled his feet. "Can you train me to be a medic pup?"

Ryder blinked at him. Out of all the things, he did not expect Marshall to ask him this.

"Train you to be a medic pup?" he asked in confusion. "Why?"

The fire pup did not answer. Instead, he turned his gaze outside where Rubble was watching the others. Ryder followed his gaze and smiled.

"You know, Marshall? The others never gave you enough credit. You're brave and very compassionate. I think you would be a good medic pup."

"Really, Ryder?" Marshall asked, his tail wagging in excitement.

"Really." 

Ryder chuckled as Marshall pounced on him and started licking him repeatedly.

"So, when do you want to start?" he finally asked once the fire pup was done licking him.

"Now?" 

Ryder chuckled once again at his dedication. "How about tomorrow instead? It's getting late already."

Marshall barked in agreement and together, they rode down the elevator to call the other pups in.

It took him months, but Marshall was able to complete the training to become a medic pup. Ryder gave him his EMT pup pack and upgraded his truck as a gift. Since then, Marshall had been the one to look out to his friends, taking care of them whenever they're sick or injured.

Ryder couldn't be more proud of his pup.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

New fandom, huh? And first oneshot for it too!

The reason for this oneshot is because I love EMT Marshall, and I see him as an overbearing mother at times. Especially when someone was sick or injured.

I hope you like this oneshot.

Lovelots, Glace.

Paw Patrol Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें