Pups and the Bear

Requested by Writing4Life123 on FanFiction.Net

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Marshall's current teddy bear wasn't his first one. But what happened to his first teddy bear, and why is Chase afraid of talking about it?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Being a police pup means that you have to brave your fears in order to do your job. But when Rubble asked him if he had seen Marshall angry before, Chase shivered and tried to dodge the question.

However, fate had other plans for him.

"Hey Rubble, hey Chase," the fire pup greeted as he walked past them.

"Hey, Marshall," Rubble greeted back cheerfully.

"H-hey Marshall," the police pup said, smiling nervously.

Marshall tilted his head to the side. "What's wrong, Chase?"

"I, um, well... Rubble was asking if I had seen you angry before and..."

"...you don't know how to tell him?" the dally finished with a smile. "How about we all go inside and I'll tell you the story."

Marshall skipped on his way inside, miraculously not tripping over anything. Rubble followed him, eager to hear the story. Chase, on the other hand, seemed to be dragging his paws forward.

When the got inside the Lookout, they found the other three playing Pup Pup Boogie on the big screen.

"Hey pups!" Marshall said cheerfully, maybe even too cheerfully.

"Hey Marshall, Chase, Rubble," Rocky greeted back before turning to watch Skye and Zuma go neck in neck in the game.

"Who's winning?" Chase asked, trying to stall time.

"Zuma," the mixed breed replied. "Ever since he got into the finals for the first time, he has been relentless in beating everyone."

And the game ended with Zuma in the lead and Skye not far behind.

"When did you get so good?" the cockapoo panted, flopping down on the mat.

Zuma chuckled before turning to the others. "Hey dudes. What's up?"

"Marshall was about to tell us the story of the first time Chase saw him angry," Rubble said in excitement.

"Ooh, an angry Marshall is a scary sight," Skye said, shivering slightly.

"Wait, you've seen Marshall angry too?" the construction said in surprise.

"Only once. I'm just glad it wasn't directed at me," she replied.

"Wanna hear the story too, Rocky and Zuma?" Marshall asked, getting comfortable with his red bean bag.

"Sure," the gray pup replied, laying down on his own bean bag, Zuma doing the same beside him.

The fire pup chuckled at their eagerness and Chase whimpered. He did not want to relieve this. He'd take Humdinger and his kittens any time.

"Before I start, do you know why Chase is afraid of dentists? Or any doctor in general?" Marshall asked to which everyone shook their heads.

"I was actually the reason," he admitted with a rueful smile. "It was the day I finished training as a medic pup and Ryder gave me my EMT gear."

"Wow, Marshall, you look great!" Chase exclaimed when the newly-trained medic pup showed him his new gear.

"Thanks, Chase," Marshall replied. "I'm glad my training was over. I don't think I can handle all those tests again."

"I thought you like learning," the police pup asked in confusion.