Pups Save Marshall

Mayor Humdinger had pupnapped Marshall to use him as leverage to discredit the Paw Patrol. But when Ryder and the pups arrived at his lair in Foggy Bottom, they saw something they did not expect.

"Paw Patrol, to the Lookout! Quick!"

The pups had never heard Ryder sounding so urgent, and it scared them. They sprinted their way towards their home, not caring about who saw them. All they cared about was getting to the Lookout as fast as possible.

They all made it to the elevator without hassle. Well, all except for one.

"Where's Marshall?" Skye asked the others.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since breakfast," the mixed breed replied.

"It feels weird to be standing still," Rubble commented, circling around his position and slumping down.

"Do you think the mission is about Mawshall missing?" Zuma asked his friends worriedly.

"Let's hope not," the police pup said just as the elevator closed and brought them up to the top of the Lookout.

The five pups got into their respective positions with their gears on, Chase wearing his spy gear.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder sir!" the police pup saluted. "Well, except for Marshall."

Ryder's face was anything but happy. "Thanks for hurrying, pups. Mayor Humdinger had taken Marshall."

All the pups gasped in horror.

"Oh no..." Skye lamented.

"We have to save him!" the construction pup exclaim, tears brimming in his eyes.

"And we will, Rubble," Ryder told him. "Anyway, Mayor Humdinger's planning to use Marshall as leverage to discredit the Paw Patrol."

"No way," Chase snapped.

"I agree with you, Chase. We need to save Marshall and prevent Mayor Humdinger from enacting his plan. For this mission, I need..."

"Rubble," Ryder said, clicking the construction pup's logo. "I need you and your rig to break down the entrance to Mayor Humdinger's lair. He might not grant us entrance considering that we're about to thwart his plan."

"Rubble on the double!" Rubbled called out, stepping forward.

"I'll also need..."

"Pick me, pick me!" the police pup whisper-shouted, mostly to himself.

"Spy Chase," Ryder finally said.

"Yes!" Chase fist-bumped the air and howled in excitement. 

If the situation wasn't so serious, Ryder would've chuckled at his antics. "I need you and your drone to find out where Marshall is locked in."

"He's gonna regret this. Spy Chase is on the case!"

Chase's tone wasn't dark or worried. In fact, he almost seemed giddy, as if he was waiting for something exciting to happen. This worried Ryder and resolved to keep an eye on the police pup throughout their mission.

"The rest of you pups, stand by. We might need your help," the ten-year-old told the others. "Alright! Paw Patrol is on a roll!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The ride to Foggy Bottom was quiet, with neither of the pups nor Ryder making a sound. They all urged their vehicles forward, intending to go to their destination as soon as possible.

When they finally arrived at the lair, they all stopped their vehicles a few ways away from the entrance.

"Chase," Ryder whispered. "Your drone."

"On it, Ryder," the police pup said, going back to his vehicle. But before he could deploy his drone, the entrance to the lair suddenly opened.

"What took you so long? I'm getting bored in here."

It was a voice that neither Ryder nor Rubble expected. However, Chase just laughed.

"Marshall! How long have you been waiting, buddy?" the police pup said, making his way inside.

"Long enough for Mayor Humdinger and his kitties to collapse in exhaustion twice," Marshall replied, spinning around in a swivel chair.

Chase chuckled. "What did you do this time?"

"Oh nothing," the fire pup waved his paw in the air in dismissal. "Just made them all run on a running wheel to keep the fan going. It's so hot in here, you know?"

"Get me out of here," Mayor Humdinger whined in between pants.

"Would you rather have me remove the fan on you?" Marshall smiled sweetly to which the Foggy Bottom mayor glared at him. "Thought so. Remember, the faster you run, the stronger the fan is."

"You're even more savage than Mayor Goodway!" Rubble laughed as he watched Mayor Humdinger run like his pants were on fire. 

"What can I say?" the dally grinned at him. "I'm the king of savagery."

"Marshall..." Ryder tried to threaten his pup but ended up collapsing in laughter at his innocent face.

"Yes, Ryder?" Marshall asked, smiling innocently.

Ryder tried to regain his breath. "H-how do you get Mayor Humdinger out of there?"

The fire pup shrugged. "I won't say or do anything until he promises not to mess with the Paw Patrol ever again."

Chase chuckled. "You heard the dally, Mayor Humdinger. I know from experience that he keeps his word."

"Fine, fine," Mayor Humdinger huffed. "I promise that I won't mess with the Paw Patrol ever again."

"And if you do?" Marshall asked him sweetly.

"And if I do," the mayor sighed. "Marshall will have my butt."

"Great!" the dally said brightly and pushed a button from the side of the cage where Humdinger and his kittens were trapped. "You're free now! Remember your promise."

"Okay, fine. Just get out of here," Mayor Humdinger panted as he gestured towards the entrance.

"Gladly. Goodbye, Mayor Humdinger!" Marshall waved energetically as he bounded outside the lair, with the other three following behind him.

"That. Was. Awesome!" Rubble exclaimed as they got into their vehicles, Marshall hitching a ride on the ATV.

"Indeed. But Marshall, did you have to go that far?" Ryder asked the dally in a disapproving tone.

"Maybe, maybe not. But I'm tired of Humdinger causing all sorts of trouble in Adventure Bay. We keep on saving him from trouble but all he does is mess with the Paw Patrol," Marshall said.

"But we're the Paw Patrol. We help people, not hurt them," the ten-year-old admonished him.

"But if you keep on letting people go, they will never learn," the dally argued back.

Ryder sighed and let it slide. "Fine. But how did you escape his grasps?"

Marshall smiled. "That's a funny story. I'll tell you guys back at the Lookout."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The story on how Marshall escaped will be on a separate oneshot since it's pretty long. For now, I'm gonna end this here.