High School AU

Alright, this one's just two scenes that I've thought of for my fanfic project in 2021, which is Paw Patrol High. You'll see the pups (and a few OCs I'm willing to accept, but only as background characters) as humans there. Ryder and the other kids will be in college (except Alex), and the grown-ups have real and actual jobs that they are actually competent in. And how could I forget the romance blooming?

These scenes are about Chase and Marshall, which is the main pairing I want to put there.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laying down on the hallway with Chase on top of him, Marshall felt himself blush as he saw himself looking closely at the amber eyes of his best friend. It wasn't the first time that the two of them are in close proximity, but it was definitely the first time the two of them are like this.

In a way, he was glad that someone made him trip and fall into his best friend. Unknown to everyone, he's harboring more-than-friendly feelings for the older boy, and he was scared that Chase wouldn't like him back.

However, as much as he liked being in this position, they were already being stared at by their schoolmates.

Chase must have noticed this because he scrambled off him. Marshall felt disappointed from the lack of touch, but squashed that feeling and stood up.

"Sorry about that," the younger boy muttered shyly.

Chase just chuckled. "It's alright, Marsh. I know you didn't mean it."

Marshall felt himself smile despite his embarrassment. Crush or not, Chase will always have his back.

"I guess you'll have to go if you don't wanna be late for your next class," Chase said.

Realization dawned on Marshall's face and he scrambled to pick up his things. He was about to rush off when Chase called him back.

"By the way, Marshall. You look cute when you blush."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"What's wrong, Chase?" Rocky asked as the two of them walked home.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked in confusion.

"We've been friends for years, I know when something's up with you," the silver-haired boy simply stated.

"Alright, you got me," Chase sighed. "I was thinking of Marshall and Skye."

"What about them?"

"I know Skye has a thing for me, and I feel really guilty by flirting with Marshall earlier," he admitted ruefully.

Rocky spit out the soda that he's been drinking. "You finally made a move on Marshall?"

The tan-skinned boy looked at his friend in surprise. "You know I have a crush on Marshall?"

Rocky simply waved his question away. "It's fairly obvious. I think everyone but Marshall know about it. Even Skye knows, if our conversation earlier is to be judged about."

"She knows?!" Chase gaped in a mixture of shock and horror.

"She does. Believe me, she was brokenhearted about it, but she supports you and Marshall together. In fact, she might talk to you privately tomorrow."

Chase didn't answer and simply digested the information given to him.

"And Marshall?" he asked quietly.

"Oblivious as usual, but I think he likes you too," Rocky replied.

"But what if he doesn't?"

Rocky smiled. He knew he was getting to his friend. "You'll never know if you won't ask."

Chase sighed. "I think I need to talk to Marshall tomorrow."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh, and I'll post my take of the song 12 Days of Christmas, Paw Patrol version.