Pups and the Playtime

Every pup loves to play. And Ryder, being a child himself, just couldn't resist playing with his pups. Read on to a bunch of drabbles on how the Paw Patrol is having fun.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ryder had to stifle his giggling as he watched the pups try to find him in his bedroom. They were playing a variation of hide and seek, where he's the hider while everyone else seeks.

He was currently sitting on the top of the door of his bedroom, watching in amusement as the pup searched every nook and cranny of the room.

"He's not here," Rubble said from under the bed, before sneezing as the dust settled on his nose.

"He's not here either," Skye said, getting out of the closet.

Chase himself was trying to track Ryder with his nose, but Ryder's scent was all over the place that it was a challenge even for him. 

Rocky was looking from behind the furniture and moving objects with his pincer arm. Zuma, on the other hand, just stopped trying to bother finding their owner and just rolled on Ryder's bed.

Unsurprisingly, Marshall's clumsiness became the reason they found Ryder. The dalmatian had slipped on a stray paper on the floor and hit the door, causing Ryder to cry out and hold on.

"Found you!" Marshall said dazedly as the others laughed from around him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Skye glared at the sheet before her. She was certain that her curler was underneath the cloth and started pawing furiously at it. She barely noticed Ryder snickering behind his hand as she tried to find the said curler.

Her search turned out to be futile as she sat on her back paws and glared back at the sheets. She then noticed the curler on the floor from the corner of her eye and smiled at Ryder sheepishly.

"Oh, Skye," Ryder giggled as he furiously cuddled with his pup.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The pups were trying to reign in their laughter as Ryder put a dancing robot toy on the sleeping Rubble. 

"Mmm... yes... right there," Rubble moaned in his sleep as the robot danced on his head.

The robot toy made a few silly moves that had the bulldog giggle furiously, having been mercilessly tickled by the toy.

This proved to be the last straw for Marshall as he burst out giggling, the other following behind him.

The sound of laughter woke Rubble up.

"What's so funny?" he asked, before feeling something on his back. 

The bulldog turned to look at the object in curiosity and screamed in surprise, making the others laugh even harder.

"I hate you guys."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ryder's at it again.

Chase glared at his owner as Ryder moved the object beneath the sheets. The shepherd's eyes have been following the said object, his body ready to pounce once it stopped on a certain place.

He just can't help chasing after it.

The object stopped right in front of him and Chase dived to catch it, but Ryder was faster and moved the object away from his reach.

Ryder just chuckled at the vexed look on his face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Brown eyes met blue.

"Welcome to another episode of The Ultimate Staredown!" Chase called from his megaphone as the pups cheered from beside him. "For the last round of the competition, we have Ryder and Marshall going against each other!"

The two competitors glared at each other, neither blinking nor backing down. Their faces went closer to each other until...

"Ruff!" Ryder barked loudly which caused Marshall to blink and scream.

"Where's the new pup?! Where?!" the dalmatian looked around with wide eyes before realizing that it's one of Ryder's pranks... again.

The said human was guffawing in the corner as Marshall glared at him.

"Ryder wins the competition... for the 50th time in a row!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Who's a good pup, huh? Who's a good pup?"

It was playtime for the pups and Zuma found himself squirming and laughing in Ryder's arms as the latter tickled him senseless. 

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA WYDER PWEASE STOP HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!" the labrador squealed as Ryder hit his tickle spot.

"What's that?" Ryder asked, feigning innocence. "You want me to stop doing... this?"

The brunette went to tickle Zuma's stomach which made the labrador scream in laughter.

A certain gray terrier mix watched the thing play out from the door of the Lookout and felt jealous. He wanted to play too.

An idea sparked in his head and he smirked. Getting down on his front paws, he pounced on the unsuspecting Ryder and started licking his face, causing the brunette to let go of Zuma and giggle hysterically. All of the pups knew that Ryder was extremely ticklish, and Rocky was taking advantage of that fact.

Once Zuma caught his breath, he went to join Rocky in tickling their owner.

"It's payback time," the labrador giggled as he rolled onto Ryder's stomach, causing the human to convulse in laughter.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA ALRIGHT YOU WIN! I GIVE! I GIVE!" Ryder squealed as the two pups continued to attack him with tickles.

His hands found the bellies of the two pups and started wiggling his fingers, their laughter echoing within miles of the Lookout tower.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After a long day of playing, the pups didn't even bother going to their own pup houses that night. One by one, they crashed on the hangout area, unconsciously cuddling each other in their sleep.

Ryder smiled softly at the sight of the pups using each other as a pillow and couldn't resist taking the picture of the scene.

"That goes straight to the album."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hope you enjoyed reading these drabbles as much as I had fun writing them