Marshall Saves Himself

Part 2 of Pups Save Marshall. When Ryder and the pups got to the lair, they did not expect Marshall to be out of his cage and Mayor Humdinger to be trapped. What happened?

"...and Marshall was like, goodbye, Mayor Humdinger! and skipped his way out of the lair!" Chase laughed as he told the others the story of their 'rescue'.

The other pups laughed as they imagined the look on the mayor's face.

"But how did you escape?" Skye asked the dally.

"Well, it's a funny story," Marshall chuckled as he told the story to Ryder and the pups.

The fire pup woke up to the sound of Mayor Humdinger contacting his owner. Judging by the feel of it, he was stuck in the kitten carrier, which was too small for his size. He didn't dare open his eyes in case someone was looking at him.

'Good thing I'm not allergic to cats, or else I'll be sneezing nonstop for hours," Marshall thought as the smell of kittens overwhelmed his nose.

"I'll let the mutt go on one condition: you and the Paw Patrol have to surrender to me! And without the Paw Patrol, Adventure Bay will soon be mine! Mwahahahahaha!" Mayor Humdinger said, his kittens snickering along with him.

"That will never happen," Ryder snarled, something that Marshall was surprised to hear from his usually calm owner. "The Paw Patrol will never surrender to you. And we will get Marshall back, one way or another."

"Wait, Wyder snarled? That's something I'd like to see," Zuma commented.

"He did, and it was scary. It's surprising how much anger a ten-year-old can have," the dally said.

Ryder scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well, I gotta protect my very first pup, right?"

"Marshall was your first pup?" Rocky asked in surprise. "I thought Chase was your first pup, considering he was number 2 and all that."

"Marshall was indeed my first pup. I got him as a present from my parents. I only found Chase a few weeks after we moved into the Lookout and started the Paw Patrol. I adopted him after he, well, chased a criminal to a dead end until the authorities got to him. That's how he got his name."

"And as for your second question, Marshall was actually supposed to be the second-in-command," Ryder continued. "But he gave it up to Chase because he thought he wasn't a good leader."

"They both told me otherwise, of course, but I was pretty insistent that Chase should have the spot," Marshall continued.

"By insistent, he meant that he keeps on causing trouble and making Ryder angry," Chase chuckled. "He only stopped when Ryder relented and gave the spot to me."

"Anyway, back to the story."

"Good luck with that, Paw Patrol," Mayor Humdinger mocked as he ended the call.

Marshall didn't move as he felt the kitten carrier open. He waited until he was picked up before he retaliated. He used his Pup Fu skills and kicked Mayor Humdinger in the face with so much force that he slammed into the wall.

The fire pup rolled to break his fall and readied himself for the incoming assault. As expected, Cat Chase started throwing balls of yarn at him which he kicked towards the other kitties. Using the moment of distraction to his advantage, he got a can of tuna from the nearest container and threw it towards the cage.

The kitties, entranced by the tuna, left the balls of yarn and towards the cage. Mayor Humdinger got up from where he fell and went towards the kitties to scold them.

"Now now, kitties. It's not the time for a snack yet. We have to get the pesky pup on the cage so that the Paw Patrol can't save him," the mayor whined.

"Too late," Marshall commented as he found the button on the screen that closed the glass cage.

"What? Let me out of here. It's so hot," Mayor Humdinger complained as he bounded on the glass. His kitties joined their owner and tried to scratch the glass.

"You made it, you stay in it," the dally smirked at them.

Mayor Humdinger scoffed. "Kitties, run on the hamster wheel and get the fan working. And make it fast. The faster you run, the faster the fan is."

The kittens glared at their owner but obeyed his order.

"Woah..." Rubble said in awe.

"Nice one, Mawshall dude!" Zuma exclaimed, wagging his tail.

"Remind me to not get on Marshall's bad side," Skye muttered to Chase.

"Believe me, I know the feeling."