Pups Fight Fire

This is going to be Marshall's biggest mission yet. When Mr. Porter's cafe caught fire, it was up to the Paw Patrol to contain it before it spreads out on the nearby houses. However, to make matters worse, someone was trapped inside the cafe. How would Paw Patrol save the day?

The day started out normally. Chase, as usual, was the first one to wake. He turned to each of the pup houses to wake the others up.

"Good morning everypup! Rise and shine!" the police pup said, circling amongst the pup houses.

Skye shook off the curler in her headfur. "Good morning, Chase!" she greeted, giggling a bit.

Rocky and Zuma yawned and stretched in their pup houses before lazily walking out. "Morning, Chase."

Rubble was still snoring from his pup house, which made the others chuckle. 

"Wake up, Rubble," Chase said, nudging the construction pup. However, Rubble remained asleep. 

The police pup tried to wake him up using his megaphone but to no avail.

"I know what will wake him up," Skye giggled. She went to grab a metal spoon and lightly hit a metal bowl with it, producing a soft ting

The effect was instantaneous. Rubble shot up from his sleep and started running around in circles.

"I'm up, I'm up, I'm up. Is it breakfast time already?" he barked excitedly which made the other pups collapse in a fit of giggles.

"Hey, where's Marshall?" Rocky asked after they all finished laughing.

"I don't know," Chase frowned. "He wasn't in his pup house when I checked."

"Maybe Wyder knows where he is?" Zuma asked.

"Good idea. I'm gonna go ask him." The police pup smiled at the labrador and made his way to the elevator. 

Ryder did know where Marshall is since the fire pup was practically curled up in the boy's lap. When Chase reached the top of the elevator, Ryder mentioned for him to be quiet and beckoned him closer.

"Good morning, Ryder sir," Chase whispered, his eyes resting on the Dalmatian. "What happened to him?"

Ryder smiled at the police pup's concern. "He went up to me last night when all of you are sleeping. He seemed to be anxious about something and it took me a long time to calm him down enough to get him to sleep."

"Did he say why?" Chase whispered, flopping down beside the sleeping Dalmatian.

"He did," Ryder frowned. "He said that he keeps dreaming about a fire. A big fire, to be exact."

"Why would Marshall dream about fire?" the police pup asked in confusion, resting his head on his front paws.

The ten-year-old boy just stroked his head. "I don't know, Chase. But I have a feeling that it's gonna be bad."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As much as Marshall tried to hide it, it was blatantly obvious to the other pups that there's something wrong with the fire pup. He's mostly distracted and is clumsier than ever.

After his twentieth crash in the past ten minutes, Chase finally had enough.

"Alright, Marshall," the police pup sighed. "What's wrong?"

"Wrong?" the fire pup forced a smile while slowly backing away. "N-nothing's wrong with me. It's not like I'm anxious about something."

"Marshall..."

"I-I'm fine, really. I, um..." Marshall turned to look at the direction of the town proper and paled under his fur. "Oh no..."

"What is it?" The rest of the pups followed his gaze. "Uh oh..."