Pups Save the Snowboarders

This is a request from Aketzali-chan on FanFiction.Net.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ryder and Jake had gone snowboarding one winter afternoon. Their happy moment was cut short when an avalanche occurred, separating them and trapping them both in the snow. And it's up for the pups to save them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was a cold winter afternoon, and the pups are huddled inside the Lookoutwhile watching Apollo the Super Pup.

Well, at least some of them are.

Marshall had fallen asleep cuddled next to Chase, who was nuzzling the dalmatian as he too slept. Rocky sat on a separate bean bag next to Rubble, learning his lesson that the bulldog was very excitable when watching his favorite show. Both pups had their eyes glued to the TV screen.

Zuma was quietly conversing with Skye while sneaking glances at the show to keep up with the plot.

"After Apollo the Super Pup, wanna have a Pup Pup Boogie dance-off?" the water pup asked.

"You're on. I can't wait to beat Chase's record," Skye whispered excitedly. 

Everything was so peaceful until the screen rang and Everest appeared on the screen.

"Hey, Evewest," Zuma greeted. "What's up, dude?"

"Can you wake Marshall and Chase? I'm afraid I have an emergency," the husky said worriedly.

At the word 'emergency', the two pups shot awake, bumping into each other. Both were disoriented from being woken up so suddenly.

"Ev'rest?" Marshall slurred, sitting up. "Wh't's wrong?"

"Ryder and Jake are," Everest whimpered. "They were out snowboarding on the slopes when an avalanche happened! I tried to call either of them but they're not answering!"

All the other pups gasped in horror.

"Oh no!" Skye whimpered.

"We have to save them!" Rubble cried.

"And we will." As second-in-command, Chase decided to step up. "As Ryder would say, no job is too big, no pup is too small! Let's go!"

The police pup bounded towards the elevator, followed by the others. As per usual, Marshall tripped on his own feet and crashed towards them. However, unlike before, there were no jokes or laughter. They all just scrambled to their positions and waited for the elevator to get them on the top of the lookout.

Upon arriving in the control room, the pups went to their respective positions, except for Chase who went beside the big screen. Realizing his position, Marshall stepped up as third-in-command.

"Paw Patrol, reporting for duty," the dally called out.

For the mission, Chase was wearing his spy gear and Marshall was wearing his EMT gear. The rest of the pups wore their usual clothes.

"Alright pups, we all know why we're here," the spy pup said as he clicked a button on the controls. "Jake and Ryder were snowboarding in the mountains when an avalanche occurred. Everest tried to call them but they weren't answering. We need to find them, and fast!"

"Skye, you try to search from above and let us know if you find anything. Rubble, I need your digger to dig out Jake and Ryder from the snow when we find them. I'll use my tracking skills and heat vision goggles to find them in the snow. Marshall, I need you to stay in the cabin and attend to Jake and Ryder when we find them. They might be cold. And Everest."