Chase and the Chicken

Short drabble. Marshall had a question for the police pup. But what could be so important that he practically asked it in the middle of a game? Read and find out.

"Chase, don't get mad at me, alright?"

The pups were playing freeze tag outside the Lookout, with Skye being 'it'. Chase and Marshall were currently frozen right next to each other, and the fire pup thought it was the best moment to hold a conversation.

"Why? Why would I get mad at you?" Chase asked him in confusion.

"Because..."

"Because what?"

Marshall sneaked a look at the others. Rubble and Zuma were already frozen like the two of them. It would seem like Skye only had to tag Rocky to win the game.

"Marshall, what is it?" the police pup questioned once again, disliking the suspense.

"Well, do you remember the dream you told me where you and Chickaletta switched bodies?" Marshall asked sheepishly.

"Yeah. What about it?" Chase asked in confusion.

"Well, it made me wonder... are you secretly a chicken?"

Silence greeted his question. Marshall looked around to see that every pup was gaping at him.

"What?" the fire pup questioned. "I mean, have you ever watched Chase sometimes? He looks like a startled chicken, especially when he's stressed about something."

That did it. All the other pups broke down laughing, but none harder than the police pup himself.

"M-marshall," Chase tried to speak in between laughs. "I-I'm not a chicken, I assure you."

"But you gotta admit, Marshall's right," Skye giggled. "You DO look like a startled chicken when you're stressed."

"Am not!" the police pup exclaimed incredulously which only made the other pups laugh harder, Marshall included. Chase looked exactly like a startled chicken.

"You just proved his point," Rocky said, trying to regain his breath.

"What's going on here, pups?" Ryder asked, walking towards them. The german shepherd ran towards him and whined.

"Ryderrrrrrrr," he said. "They say I look like a startled chicken."

The ten-year-old chuckled. "Well, you do. You should've seen your face when you were stressing out about putting more cones for the race."

Chase groaned as everyone else laughed. "Not you too..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This drabble is inspired by "Pups Great Race" and "Pups Save a Freaky Pup Day". While watching those two episodes (and many others), I was half-convinced that Chase is somehow related to chickens because he seems to act like one. I mean, for the Freaky Pup Day episode, just remove the clucking and you wouldn't even know that it was Chickaletta in the body of Chase. They act nearly the same.