The Best Pup

Everyone has their favorites and the Paw Patrol isn't an exception. The question is, who's the best pup for each of them, and who's the best pup for Ryder himself?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It wasn't a secret that every child in Adventure Bay had their favorite pup. Heck, even the adults are favorite one over another. Mayor Goodway loved Chase. Mr. Porter preferred Rubble. Farmer Yumi liked Marshall. Alex looked up to Ryder himself. Ace wanted Skye, and Captain Turbot favors Zuma. Katie herself loved Rocky.

Even the pups favor one of them over the other.

"My favorite pup is Skye," Rubble proudly announced one night after dinner. "She's an amazing flier and is super brave, especially when she got that big eagle to follow after her instead of Rocky. Not to mention that almost half of our missions will be harder without her."

"Sorry, Rubble, but I prefer Chase," the cockapoo replied. "He's very professional and mature. He's also brave and caring, and not to mention, very handsome. There's no doubt that he's the perfect leader of the team."

"I love Marshall the most," Chase said with an apologetic look towards Skye. "He's my best friend and brother in everything but blood. He's brave, funny, and has a big heart. He's really talented not only in his job, but also in some other things like Pup Fu, Pup Pup Boogie, and singing."

"Thanks, Chase, but I don't swing that way," Marshall winked at him which resulted in all of the pups bursting into laughter. He made his way to Chase and laid on top of him, ignoring the police pup's protests and making himself comfortable. 

"But back to the topic, I think I like Rocky the most," the fire pup admitted. "Not only because he's the favorite target of my water cannons, but also because he's a genius. He builds things out of recycled things that normally wouldn't have a purpose anymore. His ideas are really impressive, and I'm half-convinced that he's secretly Ryder's child."

Rocky laughed at the description of himself. "Oh Marshall, I'm not Ryder's child. I'm just a good old mixed breed pup who's really good at recycling and inventing."

"Eh, same thing," Marshall waved a paw in dismissal which made the other pups giggle once more.

"I honestly prefer Zuma," the mixed breed said once he stopped laughing. "I mean, I really hate getting wet, and Zuma does it like he was born for it. Maybe he is, but whatever. The point is, Zuma's not afraid of getting wet or even drowning, and he has been a valuable addition to our team. Without him, more than half of our water rescues wouldn't be possible, even with the Sea patrol. And his speech impairment is simply adorable."

The water pup blushed as the others agreed on Rocky's last statement. Rubble, however, was whimpering softly in his spot, something that no one other than Chase noticed. He reached out a paw to pet the younger pup in the head while they wait for Zuma to tell who's his favorite pup.

"Actually, I think Wubble's the best pup among all of us hewe," Zuma announced, to which the English bulldog's ears perked up.

"Me? Why?" Rubble questioned with a cute tilt of his head.

"Well Wubble, you'we the youngest among all of us hewe and also the bwavest one. You never let youw feaw of spidews get in between youw job. You'we weally awesome, dude," the water pup explained. "Not to mention that you'we ouw constwuction pup. You'we undoubtedly the stwongest among all of us hewe. 

"Aww, thanks Zuma," the bulldog said and gave his friend a hug.

"Anytime, dude," Zuma replied, patting his head.

"Hey, pups. What's up?" Ryder said upon arriving in the Lookout. He knew something was going on when he saw Zuma and Rubble hugging, and with Marshall laying comfortably on top of Chase.

"Hey Ryder. We were just talking about who's our favorite pup," Rocky told their owner, flopping on his green bean bag.

"Speaking of which, who's your favorite pup, Ryder?" Skye asked, moving closer to the ten-year-old boy.

The other pups also gathered around him in curiosity, except for Marshall who refused to move from his spot. Rubble has to drag their shared bean bag closer to Ryder because Chase didn't have the heart to get the dally off him.

"Well, I don't exactly have one favorite pup, because all of you are my favorite pups," Ryder smiled as he scratched the head of the pup nearest to him, which happens to be Zuma.

"All of you are very good pups, and I wouldn't ask for anything else. The Paw Patrol wouldn't be complete without any of you. Even Everest and Tacker, despite them living fare from the Lookout. I'm so happy to have all of you pups. You're all my favorite."

Ryder soon found himself under a doggy pile, all of them licking his cheeks which made him chuckle. He was extremely ticklish, especially in the face.

"Alright, alright," he chuckled as the pups stepped away from him. "I think you all deserve a sleepover here inside the Lookout. Go gather your things."

The six pups barked and howled in excitement before rushing to their pup houses to get their things. They all came back to Ryder fixing the lounge, also in his bedclothes.

They all fixed their beds in a circle and laid down, with Ryder in between Chase and Zuma. Marshall was lying beside the police pup and Rubble beside him. Skye was lying down beside the construction pup, making Rocky sleep between her and Zuma.

"Good night, pups," Ryder told them.

"Good night, Ryder."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, I'm up for requests. No shipping, however. I'm open to character deaths, but no gore. I don't want anything mature in the early parts of this book. Maybe later on, or on a separate book.

I'll try to fulfill your requests to the best of my ability.