7- Camp Half-Blood

Girl you can't conceal it
We know who you're feeling
Who you're thinking of

Artemis

We headed North, towards Camp Half-Blood. I could sense Percy's nostalgia, so I thought it might be good to stop by. Maybe then he could get some closure. Maybe he could find some answers for some things he'd been searching for.

Percy and I are supposed to have semi-tied emotions. Not completely, of course, thank the gods.

I looked at Percy, who was walking with Thalia. The two of them were deep in conversation, smiling and laughing. Percy looked happier than he had yesterday. I hoped he would be happy here, after all. This was his new home. Furthermore, I enjoyed his company. Not like that, of course. Only in a friendly way.

I have to admit Percy is handsome. But anybody could see that. That doesn't mean anything. Heracles was also handsome. Jason was handsome.

Sure, tell yourself that to make yourself feel better, another part of me argued. I shouldered my bow.

We're colleagues, I reminded myself. I just want to be friendly with him.

"Where are we going, milady?" Thalia asked. Her and Percy had caught up with me.

"I think we need a break. It's been an eventful journey. We need to go to a place where there is no worry of being surprised by any monsters," I said. "We're going to make a pit stop at Camp Half-Blood." I looked at Percy to see if that was okay, but he averted my gaze. I quickly added, "If that's okay with you."

"Whatever you think, milady," Percy said.

I frowned. I truly cared about his feelings. If he didn't want to go to Camp Half-Blood, I certainly didn't want to take him there.

"Besides," Percy managed a smile. "You guys have to continue that Capture the Flag winning streak."

He was pretending to be strong, for me. For us.

"We'll add one more to the undefeated record!" Yelled Phoebe.

A lot of the hunters cheered in agreement. It was true: they most certainly enjoyed pulverizing the campers. I realized the last time they had been at the Camp and played Capture the Flag, I had not been with them. I'd been holding the sky, or was about to be, anyways. Percy, Zoe, Thalia, Bianca and Grover were about to be on their way looking for me. I remembered that battle all too well. The weight of the sky had bored down on my shoulders. After that quest, I had sworn I would always remember the boy who was brave enough to take the sky for me.

I turned to look at the boy, who was now a man. He was now a god, even. The greatest of heroes, Percy Jackson.

As we hiked on, he found his way to my side, and walked beside me. "It's not going to bother you, is it?" I asked.

"What?" Percy asked.

"Going back to camp," I said. "I don't want you to go if it hurts you."

"It's been 6 months," Percy said. "How am I going to get over it if I don't face it?"

"If you need anything or change your mind, let me know," I told him. "I'll be with you, you know."

"Well, then there you go. See? I've got a goddess looking after me. I'll be okay," Percy said. "As long as you're by my side."

I tried to stop the heat rising to my cheeks. I stared daggers at the ground. I had to stop this. "I'll be here for you, old friend."

"I trust you," Percy continued. He motioned to the hunt. "Besides, we're in this together now."

"To clarify, you are the only man of the century I'd allow near my hunters," I said. "And the only man of the millennia I'd allow to fight by my side."

Percy grinned. "That's a high standard to live up to."

"Oh, you've proved yourself," I shrugged. "None of us would be here if it wasn't for you, after all."

Percy looked down at the ground, thoughtfully. He kicked a stray pebble. "I guess you have a point."

"The gods don't like to admit it," I said. "Without you, we would've been hopeless."

"But you're not like all the others gods and goddesses," he reasoned. "You're different."

"I could say the same about you," I admitted.

"And Camp Half-Blood will be... hard," he sighed. "But the hard times make you stronger."

I  looked at him apprehensively. "Well I don't want to lead you into something that's going to be hurtful to you. That's not what a good leader does."

Percy turned to me, and met my gaze. "Not to worry. Even blindly, I'll follow you anywhere."

Hey all! Short chapter, my apologies. I've been working on some other stories. Next update might be out within the next few hours, I'm not sure yet. I've had homework and my Glee obsession to deal with. I'm really enjoying writing this book though, so you can expect quick updates. Thanks for making it this far!