20- Maybe I am in Love

You're way off base, I won't say it

Artemis

When I kissed him, it felt like everything in me was given a new life. A strange warmth echoed through my whole being. His lips tasted salty. I kissed him in the land beyond the gods, the land where both of us were weak. Then, he pulled me close, and we sat in the stone as the snow began to fall. We watched the sky as flakes fell, blowing in the fierce wind. If we slept, maybe we could be strong enough to get out of here tomorrow, but it was too dangerous for us to sleep. Percy shivered next to me. I knew we couldn't stay here any longer. I was not about to lose the person that I had fallen in love with, that I had wanted for so long. That kiss was more than meaningful to me. I wanted more of him.

"W-we should get out of here," Percy murmured. Gods, I needed to get him out of here. He was on the brink of fading, and I was exhausted. I tried to think. Concentrating hard, I wondered if I might could flash us both out of here. It would be risky, but I had to get Percy some help, and I couldn't stay here much longer myself.

"Hold on," I said. "Just hold on. Maybe I can-"

"Artemis, don't," he said numbly, pulling me closer into him. "I can't lose you."

I let him hold me, slowing my breathing. I could feel his heart beat, my head on his chest. He smelled like the ocean breeze. Though he looked like he was about to pass out at any moment, he was still handsome. I felt safe in his arms. "We have to get out of here, I have to get you out of here."

"I can't let you, you're too weak," Percy said, his voice strained. He started coughing. I sat up, and scanned the area.

"We need to get out of the weather." I decided. "Can you walk?"

Percy managed to get to his feet, stumbling. I caught him, and he leaned heavily on me. Both of us knew those titans, gods and monsters weren't gone for good. We really needed to get out of here. "Th-there's a boat down there," he said hoarsely, pointing down the side of the mountain. "I-I took it to c-come get y-you." He was looking worse by the minute. The mountain was sapping him of his strength. I shouldered his weight. I had never needed somebody this much. It was as if everything in my life depended on it.

I had no idea how we were both going to get down that mountain in the shape we were in, but I headed for the peak, nonetheless. Percy and I tripped and stumbled towards the crest of the mountain. When we got to the edge, I looked down. The steep terrain was growing more slippery by the minute. It would be nearly impossible to get down.

"Percy, I-"

"Leave me," he shook his head weakly.

"No." I said, my tone coating it in finality. "I am never leaving you. Never again. That's an order."

"Don't ever leave me again," he repeated, nodding in agreement feebly. He was clearly bone tired.

I took my first step, lugging Percy down the mountain. He did his best to bear his weight, but it was all we could do to stand on our feet. Down on the banks, I could see a 20 foot fishing boat bobbing in the rough waves.

After a long fight against the wind, snow, and steep icy terrain, Percy crashed on the shores, about 20 feet away from the boat he brought here.

"Oh no you don't, Captain," I sat him upright, and pulled his collar towards me, forcing him to look at me. His eyes were almost shut, and I could tell he was giving it all he had just to stay awake. "Percy, look at me. I just have to get you to the boat. You can take a long, long nap once we make it to the boat."

"Nap?" He asked, mystified.

"Nap." I promised. With my help, he pushed off the freezing cold sand and made it to the boat, where he stepped inside, and faceplanted onto the deck. I almost would have laughed, had it not been for the conditions. I climbed the ladder behind him, and found a pillow and a blanket in a storage compartment under a seat. I laid the pillow under his head, and covered him with the blanket, kissing his forehead. Then, I quickly made my way to the control center.

"Now to figure out how to get this thing moving..." I muttered to myself, while flipping switches, pressing buttons and reading charts. Luckily for me, I was always friendly with Poseidon, and he'd taught me a thing or two in the last few century. I hoisted the anchor, and the boat churned to life, following my command. It probably would have responded better to Percy, but we'd have to make do. The sea was choppy and rough.

We set sail, with our backs to the ugly, freezing mountains. Percy muttered in his sleep: "she kissed me, she actually kissed me?"

I felt myself grinning hugely. I smiled to myself, and looked down at the deck, kicking my feet. Kelp head, I thought.