Chapter 5:

Claire's fingers flew across the keyboard, her eyes flitting across various graphs. She hastily scribbled down a few percentages in her notepad before returning to the computer screen. Claire had exactly thirty-seven minutes to finish studying market trends and calculating possible profits before her meeting with the lab executives. Beside the computer, there was a stack of legal papers waiting patiently to be sorted. Claire sighed. Things are so much harder to manage without Zara.

Two months ago, Zara's mom had been involved in a serious car accident near San Diego. Claire had allowed her assistant to leave the park and bid her mom farewell, as doctors predicted that she would not live for much longer. Yet to everyone's immense shock and relief, Mrs. Young survived. Perhaps her daughter's presence had served as encouragement. Now, she was recovering at home with Zara by her side. Claire had actually already spoken to Mrs. Young, a heartfelt conversation consisting of tears and repeated apologies and regrets-- to which Mrs. Young responded only with forgiveness and open arms.

Unfortunately, Zara would not return to the park for another month, leaving Claire to drown alone in the sea of conferences, clients, and calculations.

** I'm currently finishing this chapter, I will copy/paste the rest of it this week lol, sorry!