20 - No offense

"What the hell are you staying? I can't like Ken! I mean I did like him but at that time I was 11 and I thought wizards were real. I was just a kid at that time." I almost screamed.

"Woah sav, first of all, you gotta chill! No matter how old you were you still did like him,feelings aren't wrong at any age." Brian explained.

"But I like Zack,I really do like him." I said in a rather low tone.

"I never said you didn't like him,I am just saying that you also have feelings for Kendall." He stated.

"How can I like two guys at the same time? Like it's not possible,is it?"

"It is possible sav,there is nothing wrong with it. You aren't cheating on them."

"How are you so sure I like him? What are you? A mind reader?" I asked him.

"Oh my god you won't listen to me. Um okay so when Kendall asked you on a date why did you say yes?"

"Because Zack was there and I wanted to make jealous."

"Did he get jealous?"

"No."

"So why did you get all dolled up and pretty for the date? You could have cancelled if you thought Zack wasn't jealous?" He asked.

"Um I thought it would be rude if i cancelled." I said.

"If you didn't date for real the it would not have affected anything right?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know."

"You do."

"No I don't."

"Just say it."

"I have nothing to say."

"Savvy savvy just say."

"Only Ken calls me that."

"Oh possessive are we? Savannah Orlove just say it."

"Okay fine! I wanted to spend time with him and he was my first crush and I had always dreamt of having my first date with him. Plus not to mention he makes me happy and makes me forget about Zack." I vented out.

Oh my fucking god. What did I just say? Is it really how I feel?  I mean I know somewhere it is true but how does ken have this effect on me? I never realised it. Until now.

"I didn't expect the end to be very honest." He said surprised.

"Ugh what do I do? I like two guys! what does that make me? Confused neurotic bitch?"

A slut?

Ofcourse not a slut. I said to myself.

"It makes you human, Savannah." He said looking at me with a comforting smile.

***

After a long silence, I spoke up.

"How did you do it?"I asked

"What?" He said.

"Figure that you only want to be with riley and all along she is the only one you loved even though you were not here?" I asked.

He took a deep breath looked at the sky full of stars, smiled a bit and looked at me and said.

" I always loved her, I guess I never stopped. When the person who you are with makes you forget what all have you been through,your fears,the things that upset you. The person with whom time passes away like seconds,the person is your friend, your partner,your teacher,your happy place,your counsellor and your home."

"How and when did you start feeling this?"I asked.

"By just spending time with her. You will also know it when the person comes in your life." He said.

"Why did you cheat on her?"

Yes I know I wasn't the right person to ask this but she is my best friend and I wanted to know

"I never did. That night shiela the girl who obsessed over me since elementary school took Riley's phone."

"Wait wait. I cut in. Her phone was lost before that right?" I asked.

"Turns out shiela had it all along,she texted me that night saying that riley found the phone and wanted to me to meet her in Riley's room. As she had riley's phone I thought it was her and so I went to the room. When I reached shiela was drunk as hell she practically fell over me and said she really liked me and she knew I did too and then she started forcing herself on me and as I was pushing her away, she kissed me and that's when you both entered."

"Oh my god, is that why shiela left school as you did?" I asked

"I don't know, after the breakup the months  were blur."

"I am so sorry! I thought wrong about you and to make up for it I will talk to riley and tell her the whole story because currently she kinda does hate you for sabotaging her date."

"You will? Thank you so much savvvvv!!! You are the bestttt." He hugged me like a kid got his favourite toy.

***

Next day

Well what a morning! Today I have so much to do. I have to meet up with Zack and talk out about the kiss. I have to talk to Kendall too and if I have the courage to tell him about me feelings.

Most importantly  I have to talk to riley.

So I went down the hallway,not knowing who I would have to face first. As I was walking first I met my history teacher, Mr. Bennet.

Well totally out of the blue.

I wished him morning and then went to the library . As I was there I spotted Zack.

Bingo.

I went up to him, wishing we don't get awkward.

"Hey Zack, can we talk?"

"Yeah okay." He said reluctantly.

"Look I know it been weird sin--"

Before I could say he cut in and said,
"Yes I know it's been weird, hear me out first, so that you don't get the wrong idea."

"Wrong idea about what?"

"About us,this whatever happened that kiss."

I continued, " yes I know , I know that kiss."

Zack said,"It was the biggest mistake I made Savannah." 

______________________________________

Ouch ouch !! Did he really say that? Zack did say that!!! I know you would hate him right now.

I don't have much to say because I gotta go study