Chapter 1

A/N:

So, it's been a while since I've published anything on here (or been here at all) but since I'm finding myself on Wattpad a bit more, I thought why not. 

I'm not normally one to write stories that aren't deep and depressing, or one to jump on the BxB train but I started this story more as a way to experiment with a different writing style (third person etc.) and really to cure a bit of a rut I've had going for me.

I mentioned it in the description but I already publish this story on another platform, Webnovel, and so the writing style is a little more suited to the stories there, but I do think it's quite fun so thought I'd share here too. Might stop, might not, I don't know. 

Anyway, disclaimer, this is unedited, I've just copied and pasted straight from the word doc I wrote it on and I've noticed a few typos but I was a bit lazy, left most of them in. Shouldn't be TOO bad, but if you notice anything, feel free to point it out. 

And last warning, this is gonna be a slow burn (even slower than I expected, we already at 65k+ and the MC's are still convinced they straight, oops, it is picking up, I swear) so don't be expecting a quick, crazy fuck.

But anyway, that's enough of me, on to the story

*   *   *   *   *

Caroline Reyes found herself sighing at the sight of her son, watching him keeping a pleasant, unchanging smile as he conversed with the staggering beauty her husband had sent his way under the guise of a family friend. She knew too well this was just his social front, and while he was a perfectly sweet and charming young man in reality, this whole situation was starting to worry her. "Look at him, he hasn't glanced at her chest even once," she complained morosely to her equally bothered husband, Marcus. "She has a beautiful set of breasts, displayed perfectly, and yet he seems to have no interest whatsoever."

The couple both checked the girl out for perhaps the hundredth time in the past 5 minutes, starting to attract attention from the serving staff around them. Of course the other elitists were far too caught up in their own worlds and gossip fests to have noticed the distinguishable – and undeniably beautiful – middle-aged couple staring down the young woman talking to their second son. The staff, on the other hand, were a different story, they had no idea what the two were thinking but their behaviour came off as obsessively odd, especially to those who had no idea the dashing, blond man in their line of sight was their son.

One of the servants in particular, a young girl in her second year of college, couldn't help but take her train of thought to an excessively extreme assumption. 'These old, rich couple must be looking for a third person.' It wasn't as outrageous an assumption as one would think – the rich and famous had been found to do far more questionable acts – and the couple were checking this girl out. However, this was far from the truth and had only come to mind from watching too many dramas.

Shaking his head, Marcus looked to Caroline and found himself sighing too. "He has to be gay, I can't think of any other reason for him to show zero interest in females in the whole 22 years he has lived."

"Me neither. I'm out of ideas. He is handsome, smart and from a well distinguished family, even if not the heir to the company. He could have any lady he desired, he just doesn't seem to desire any of them." They both set their gaze on their son, sighing again, and thinking in unison, 'For sure, he is gay.'

Even if his mother had called him handsome, they were probably not the most suited words to describe Henry Reyes. His soft-to-the-touch sandy blond hair – inherited from his father – was on the long side; his bangs would reach to his chin had it not been swept to the side. From his mother he got a pair of warm, amber eyes, bordered with thick, perfectly curled lashes, making him look much younger than his modest age of 22. His build was tall at 5 foot 11 but lean. Being a person who looked skinnier in clothes, even in his fitted tuxedo, his silhouette looked almost androgynous despite his perfectly sculpted muscles. But the real difference was made from his naturally dewy, flawless skin and full pink lips. By far, the majority would call his, rather than handsome, a pretty man. And they were not wrong.