Chapter 6

It was safe to say that the day had been a complete success, at least in the eyes of the two companies' presidents. Caroline and Marcus knew when it came to people of importance, their son was far more reserved than in normal circumstances, so it was no strange how he was keeping things extremely formal with the Lore couple, if a little on the quiet side compared to normal. Henry's mother had also noticed, to her delight, the occasional eye contact between her son and Joshua; that could only be a good thing.

John had only noticed this, as well as his own son's awkwardness, especially arising when the topic of their, what could only be described as a date, they had earlier today. But the two seemed very comfortable together. Him and Hanna both could only think that their son had really shown interest in someone finally; Joshua had never been to steal glances, of course he probably never had any interest in it before.

It was true that they only acted awkward when coming to the topic of the two getting together – a thought too horrifying for either to truly confront. It was also undeniable that the two seemed quite comfortable with each other, more comfortable than either of their parents had ever seen with someone they had only recently met.

However, they were by no means the indication of a happy union. In fact, it was the outcome of the shared trauma, the marriage meeting. It was not odd for two people who have gone through such trauma together to get comfortable together after having exchanged pleasantries.

Henry and Joshua were both in exactly the same position.

They both were heterosexual men who had been set up with someone of the same sex, with a marriage expected.

They both had to talk to their parents about the horrible mistake without making things awkward, especially since they had no idea about the thought process behind this decision – nor how truly simplistic it was in reality.

And they had both ultimately decided that while it wasn't their fault that they had ended up in this situation, they would put all their effort into finding an alternative to make the merger a success. There was far too much at stake for this project to flop, for everyone.

The dinner quickly came to dessert, which both young men seemed to be dragging out as long as possible, subconsciously attempting to extend the early dinner long enough to eliminate their chance at talking to their parents about the whole mix up. Of course, their behaviour simply made them think the two didn't want to separate. It was nothing but a good sign to the two couples.

Joshua and Henry were so absorbed in their thoughts by this point of the dinner, neither had realised that the four others present were getting on splendidly well. The Reyes's and Lore's had always been on pleasant terms; whilst in competition with each other, there was never any reason for the one party to resent the other. Even if the two companies were always considered rivalling powerhouses and always put the two in comparison, all that mattered to them was that both companies were successful through fair means and hard work. Caroline and Marcus had never even been the slightest bitter that they were always just a bit behind the Lore's, their daughter-in-law did enough of that to last the family a lifetime.

Now that there was not just the prospect of merging companies but also becoming family, the couples finally made an effort to really connect with the other. In reality, the families were quite similar in a lot of senses.

Both had two sons, all of which worked within their respective companies. They also all gave birth to exceptional children with a wide breadth of talent between them.

Neither family were conventional, all four parents were forward minded people who knew how to change with time. This had allowed both companies to rise from the top 10% to two of the top 3, only behind the treacherous Q Group. The slight quirkiness in their charm along with their groundedness had also been why elites could rarely hold anything against them, they all had an atmosphere that made people like them.