Chapter 23

Gin was not having a good morning.

It started off with him waking up incredibly hungover in the alleyway of a relatively popular pick up area two towns over from where he had started his night. A night that he remembered very little of after they moved on from their second bar.

Neither of these were good signs.

What he woke up to was his phone ringing loudly with a familiar ringtone, a specific tone that he would usually love to hear, but on this occasion had filled him with dread. His first 10 waking minutes had been spent on the receiving end of a very angry phone call from his very angry girlfriend. It was safe to say she was not amused once it had reached well past 9am and she had yet to hear from Gin.

From there, one would think that a morning would not get much worse, however they would be unfortunately wrong in Gin's case. The eccentric redhead, once having appeased his girlfriend, came to a realisation he had no idea where his two friends had ended up. This led to his small adventure that involved him locating his friends to a hotel a half an hour walk away from where he had woken up, finding an internet café to hack into said hotel's system and find what room they had booked – which had turned out to be a penthouse suite, right in line with drunk Henry's, expensive taste.

Finally, once he had made his way to the hotel, by foot since he is the type to live from paycheque to paycheque, he spent 10 minutes trying to convince a rather bothersome receptionist that he needed the key to the booked penthouse. He pulled out every card he had to get the spare key card.

This now placed the young hacker exiting the elevator and walking to the right penthouse suite, now a thorough believer in bad karma. For sure, next time he considered getting either of his two, rich friends drunk, he would falter. It was unlikely to stop him, but would definitely make him think twice.

He used the card to open the door, immediately getting a bad feeling. He had just let his guard down, but the mess of the hotel room did not indicate anything good. There were four doors that led to different rooms from the living area, but only two of those doors were closed, making it obvious where the two probably were.

With no restraint, Gin slammed the closest door open, only to quickly grab it before it hit the wall and made a sound. The sight of Henry asleep next to some random girl immediately hurt Gin's head. Before letting the image delve too deep into his mind, the man silently ran to the other door, opening it far more carefully, revealing a similar scene with Joshua.

As amusing as his friends were, they really did make each other stupid. The two were engaged, publicly engaged. And it had been years since Joshua had even slept with anyone.

All Gin could do was sigh quietly and run his fingers through his sticky hair. This made his job a whole lot more difficult.

Deciding that was enough wallowing for a morning, the man set to work, quickly finding the two girls' ID cards, taking pictures, before waking both men individually but in exactly the same way, threatening them if they made a sound and pushing them into the two bathrooms with their clothes. Thankfully the one room they hadn't used was the master bedroom with the en suite, and the two incredibly hungover, sleep deprived young masters were so out of it that all they could do was quickly follow the harsh voice.

By some miracle, Gin had them all out of the hotel, hailing a taxi within 20 minutes. He had also managed to erase most traces of both Henry and Joshua as well as find out a few more details about the two 'lucky' girls. By this point, both men were wide awake, not that they had much of a choice after seeing the uncharacteristic, livid look on their mutual friend's face as he pressed the button for the sound-proof privacy screen.