Chapter 18

The only sound in the vehicle were the engine and navigator instructions; neither knew what to say to the other.

Even if they had agreed the plan just before the press conference, Henry couldn't help but feel like it had been a long time ago. In fact, the cyberattack from the morning even seem from this lifetime. However, with that all said, it also felt like just yesterday Henry did not have such insane worries, especially worries that had left him with a male fiancé. Just thinking about it made him want to smoke suddenly. On reflex he had already reached for his pocket, only realising halfway through the action; he placed his hand back on his lap, he did not want smoking to become habitual.

Joshua had a very different stance on smoking at that moment, he was itching to get out of the car and light one up. Of course he did not want to become dependent on the nicotine however the situation was almost demanding it, his stress levels almost to the heavens.

Silently, Joshua pulls up in front of a building complex, recognising it as one of the Reyes's successful development – an unsurprising fact with the diversity of amenities and connections in the area, as well as their at-the-time, newly establish variable rent system, which allowed for a good number of people to afford renting. While Joshua did not usually know so much detail about the other family's actions unless it was stock or finance related, he vividly remembered this.

It had been about three years ago and Archer did not stop talking about it since it was one of the first things the other heir had overlooked once taking role of director. Joshua's older brother had researched it to quite the length, knowing all the finer details; once he found out it was a project Samuel had proposed to his parents during his last year of high school, he would never let the topic go.

They were both the same age, Archer barely three months older however the timing ended up with him going to university a year before Samuel, even if they did both end up classmates for the three years they did share together. To the Lore heir, the fact that Samuel had the capabilities that allowed him to engage in projects while still in school was truly amazing, and while he could never admit it to anyone's face other than his brother's, he really did admire the opposing heir.

This gushing admiration led to Joshua knowing almost everything about the project; he did not disagree with his brother of course, it really was an amazing feat.

All his knowledge about the development did not aid in directing him to his next action; what was he supposed to do now that he was here?

It took a couple seconds for Henry to realise he would actually have to talk to the other man. Despite the hectic morning with him, he felt a little awkward.

"You can borrow the car to the hospital if you want to see your sister, just return the keys to the reception desk."

"Hm?"

The proposal had caught Joshua by surprise, making him wonder how Henry had known he had planned to visit his sister. Obviously his amazing memory allowed him to quickly remember what Henry's sister-in-law had suggested while refuting his attempts of freedom. Suddenly he was not surprised, the other man's social competence had always shone.

Also, recalling the drive, he realised that while Meera had been right about Sir Williamson Hospital being 10 minutes away, however she had 'failed' to mention that this timing was by car.

"Is that alright?"

"It's fine, my parents have it fully compensated in the case that anyone else needs to drive the car. Besides, I don't need it again until tomorrow."

"Well, if it is fine, I will take you up on the offer." While he also felt awkward around Henry, Joshua did not hold back. This whole thing was essentially down to his sister, she was always the first priority.