Chapter 20

Joshua and Henry were sat on opposite sides of the coffee table, the latter on the couch in light of his recent health, a plate of pasta in front of them each, staring at each other awkwardly. Gin sat down with his laptop on one hand and a plate of pasta for himself in another; the third man clearly comfortable moving around on his own in Henry's apartment. The awkward duo still weren't sure what was going on.

Clearly they were both friends with the red-head enigma, and apparently close with how he acted around them both. But what they were wondering was since when? There was no question about why they had been dragged into a joint meeting however. Joshua had mentioned to Gin that he wanted to repress a few things. Henry had contacted him because he was the holder of list of his one-night stands. Gin had given them all that right form the beginning.

The coincidence was too insane for them not to mull over it.

"'Kay, with what Joshua said and the broadcast, I think I managed to dig up everything on what happened. None of the chicks on Henry's list are going to be a problem from the looks of it, but I'll keep an eye on them. I scoured for hate, not much turned up and honestly don't think much will with the way you two acted during the live stream; which means there isn't much suppressing to do without Caroline catching on, and if that happens you two can consider me gone.

"Really, the only thing I have is making sure things I've kept quiet stay quiet, other than that, I got nothing."

After he has finished with his part, he dug into his plate of pasta, savouring the simple but homely flavour. Gin then looked up at the other two, cheeks full as he frowned. "You waiting for it to go cold? Eat."

As their mutual friend continued to comfortably eat, Henry and Joshua both glanced at each other before sighing, not being able to do anything but start to eat.

As they did, the tension slowly decreased, the atmosphere becoming a little more comfortable, a lot of it down to the same man who had created the high tension to begin with.

Henry was the first to voice his question on how the other two knew each other.

Before Joshua was even given the chance to think, Gin had already started to answer. "Hacked his laptop back when I was studying for my GED, we ended up chatting and then studying together while he gave me a few easy cover-up jobs from him and his friends. Only a couple of us stuck to him enough for him to still talk to us. He's also fun to get drunk, almost as much as you."

Simultaneously, both men in question started to wonder what he had meant by that.

Joshua internally shook his head, that was not what he wanted to know, at least not foremostly. "And how about the two of you, how do you know each other?"

Once again, Gin answered before the other man could even comprehend the question. "He was doing the internship I did in Country B at the same time as me, realised who he was and challenged him to a hacking contest. He won, so I pulled out some material to blackmail him with, instead he hit me with a job offer. Next thing you know we friends and I was being paid to keep his playboy ways and drunk shenanigans quiet so his mom didn't suspect him over covering himself."

"I am not a playboy; the list cannot be that long." Can it? Even if Henry was defending himself, he was starting to feel a little unsure. If the number had been somewhat low, he should be able to remember it, or at least hazard a guess. However he had no idea at all, no matter how much he though over it, he could not come up with even a precise estimate.

Gin scoffed, looking at his blond friend in disbelief. He knew Henry was not intentionally playing around, the man was rather chivalrous when it counted with a decently cute side to him as well as always polite. However, to keep his identity from being found too easily – by both the paparazzi and his family – he would always go to different parts of the city, never going further than a one-night stand in hotels. With that considered and Henry being a healthy man, the number had racked up. "Of course not, it is just 53 women. Not long at all."