Chapter 28

"I have the painkillers, who wants them first?" Archer asked jokingly, holding up a pack Caroline had ordered him and Samuel to buy while they cooled off – neither of the older brothers had known they could get that angry before, they had never needed to. He wanted to lift the mood a little after everything that happened.

What the 27-year-old hadn't expected was both men immediately snapping their heads in his directions before shouting, "Me!" What he expected even less was the two to start bickering on their own as Samuel came up behind him.

"I'm worse, you can wait."

"You're the one who said mine wasn't nothing."

"You're the one that pointed out my ankle was bruising."

"I'm bleeding out."

"Not anymore you aren't."

Henry and Joshua kept up the childish interaction as Marcus turned to the two families' heirs. "Do not ask, I have no idea what happened. I came in here to find them laughing. When John brought over a customer who happened to be a junior doctor to help treat them, they started bickering over her and that's why her brother is also here, he is a med student. Every so often they'll make eye-contact and laugh again." Marcus could understand the looks of confusion. Most of the two second sons' interactions had brought to light unimaginably cute sides they had never known to exist, that and their renewed smoking habit. However, any family member that saw the two now would think they had never met Joshua nor Henry before in their lives. They were acting like completely different people.

That was not a totally wrong assumption once one considers how drastically they alter their personalities when it comes to family. Of course, neither men would normally act like this, not at this age at least, however that may have been the case while they were in high school or the first year of university.

Hanna tapped Samuel's and Archer's shoulders, both stepping aside to let her in. Seeing the two young men still acting like children, she sighed. "What are they arguing about now?"

"Who takes the painkillers first. I feel like I am about to lose my mind."

"You and me both."

Marcus turned to Hanna, neither of them understanding what had happened. John had taken one look at the two and immediately dismissed himself, going back to his food, ordering a bottle of chilled wine. From what Hanna had seen, he went through half the bottle himself already; that just about expressed what John had thought of his son and Henry suddenly acting like different people.

Caroline had yet to find out about the two since she was discussing things with the police until a couple minutes ago.

In Hanna's hands, she held a bottle of water and two glasses, from the looks of it she was the only one who was going to deal with the two. She took the box of pills from her shocked son's hands and sighed again, crouching down by the two young men.

"For the love of god, I have no idea what has gotten into the two of you but stop this playground bickering."

The siblings, who were both bandaging the respective wounds, bit back a smile as they watched the two beyond beautiful men grumble under their breath before shutting their mouths. They did not think it was possible, but the two perfect people really were acting like primary children competing in a playground. Clearly it was not a usual sight but that made it no less amusing.

Hanna put the glasses down on the floor separately before opening the bottle and pouring water into both. She put each glass in front of each of the couple before taking out four pills. "You will both get the painkillers at the same time, so there is no use arguing. Hold out your hands." The mother couldn't help but feel like a teacher mediating two children, she had never needed to mediate her second son before, it was a strange experience to do so at the age of 24.