Chapter 5

In a daze, both men walked into the café, heading to a booth in the corner, away from the window and prying eyes. But with the two beauties, that was a big ask. Even if the people within the small joint wanted to, they could not look away; their eyes seem to follow the two pretty men and their superior aura. Even to someone blind, it was obvious that these two were extraordinary.

The barista behind the counter immediately turned to her friend once the two men were out of her eyeshot. To her surprise, even her apathetic friend had been following with her gaze, clearly intrigued. It was not often that the young college girl had shown interest in men, not even the exceptionally good-looking ones – at least not to her nosy colleague. "They really are a sight for sore eyes."

"Yeah, I suppose." Her voice was full of nonchalance.

"What do you mean, suppose?"

"Eh, I saw a lot of hot people in private school. I was more amazed they were together than by their looks."

"You know them?"

The younger of the two stayed silent this time.

A customer walked in and the girl immediately greeted them as per usual, asking what they would like to order. The elder barista understood, she was not going to speak anymore. There was no one more mysterious than this girl working at the café, all anyone knew was she went to several private schools through scholarships and had a full ride for university too, now in her final year. In what or where, no one but the boss knew.

In reality, this girl had immediately recognised both Henry and Joshua form her school days. Joshua had been an upperclassman while she was in middle school. With someone like a Lore in the school, everyone knew him; he was not only good looking but consistently in the top three in his grade for almost everything. There had been a rumoured class that he had barely scraped a pass in after three attempts but the class had kept it in a close wrap, meaning no one knew exactly what such a perfect human being had failed not just once, but twice.

Henry was a similar situation at the girl's high school, not with failing a subject but with being known for his good looks. He was not quite as amazing when it came to academics, but brilliant nonetheless, being well above average in all tests he took, most usually within the top 10%. The girl was in the same grade as the second Reyes son, although in the other fast stream class.

Having gone to school with both for three years each, when it came to looks she was not shocked, although she could admit that they had grown more beautiful through puberty.

The main thing on her mind was what the two were doing her together. As far as she knew, they did not know each other, in fact they were from rivalling companies.

She could have never guessed the two were here for a marriage meeting, not even in her wildest of dreams.

In the corner of the café, Joshua and Henry had sat down, still in disbelief over the entire situation, both still holding a sliver of hope that this was all a big misunderstanding or that they had been the victim to a cruel joke.

Joshua felt a little shocked at how this all had played out, but in a different way to Henry. To start off with, he had felt this entire thing had been a bit of a cliché romance plot, but now it had transformed into something much, much worse.

This had become a boy's love trope, one of the biggest of them all.

Yes, the second son of the Lore family had indeed read the BL novels found in the deepest, darkest corner of the web, whenever he felt like reading something out of normal, he would turn to the genre. However, he had far too much shame to read anything graphic. Some would even call him a prude when it comes to reading, with how ardently he avoids all sex scenes.