Chapter 17

"Remind me again why we aren't telling him?" Kristen asked for the one millionth time.

"Because I said so." Was Amelia's reply for the one millionth time.

It had been days since Amelia's unusual doctor's visit and Kristen still hadn't gone home. Amelia oved her friend. She was the closest thing to a family Amelia had left but the past couple of days has been hell for Amelia. Especially with Kristen's new obsession with Michael. 

Amelia got some news about the pregnancy that she wished to keep close to her heart, so only the three of them knew, Amelia, Kristen and the doctor. But for some reason, Kristen thinks that Michael should be told. They've been arguing about it ever since Michael brought them back to the villa and they were still at it in Amelia's bedroom.

"Why should I tell him?" Amelia demanded, "You were there the first time he told me couldn't be a father to the one I was carrying at the time. What makes you think he's going to care that there's two of them?"

"Because he's going to have to spend time with you now." Kristen argued.

"So." Amelia countered.

"Having twins is a big deal," She said, "He has a right to know." It was at that moment, when Kristen saw the face, she knew she should stop talking.

"He had a right to know that I was pregnant, yes. He relinquished all responsibilities to my child after I told him. Everything that happens after that, is my business and if you say anything to him Kris I swear to God-"

"I won't." Kristen interrupted, "I promise." And with that the conversation was dropped.

"I need food." Amelia said while heading to the door with Kristen close behind. Once they got downstairs, Amelia realized that there was something different about the atmosphere. It was light almost cheerful and that is a scarce commodity in the Hanover household, especially when they were a Hanover short. And then it hit her. With the speed of lighting, she dashed off in the direction her spidey senses which led her to the kitchen. Soon enough she landed in the arms of her favourite Hanover, who was having a conversation with his older brother and the guy he left with. Kristen came in a close second, confused and out of breath.

"Josh! You're back!" Amelia joyfully exclaimed. "Where have you been I've missed you so much."

Josh was very much happy to see her, but with her hand wrapped so tightly around his neck he could barely breath, much less talk. "Bunny," Michael said sternly, "You need to release him."

Stubbornly, Amelia shook her head no while burying her face in his neck, knowing that they couldn't forcibly take her off him, they tried with reason. They had absolutely no evidence to believe that this method would work but they had to try before she cut of circulation to Josh's brain.

Michael gently placed his hand on her back, "Bunny listen to me, he can't breathe. You have to let him go so he can get air." He said.

Once again she shook her head no, "You'll send him away again." She sobbed and Michael's heart broke, he's never heard nor seen her cry before and the fact that she was doing it because of his brother sent a barrel of emotions through him.

"I won't." Michael reassured her.

"You promise?" She asked sceptically.

"I promise." Michael said which immediately caused her to loosen her grip but not let go completely.

As soon as Joshua could breath again, he kissed her on the cheek, "I missed you too." And he slowly lowered her to the ground. That's when he saw her. And his breath was caught once again. "Kristen?"