ii

"Shia Tae, what the hell is wrong with you!" Kimmon asked, taking a gulp of his drink and waving across the room to Bas who had just walked in. "No offence, but you look horrible."

"Nothing," Tae said, staring down at his hands to avoid Kimmon's gaze

"Nothing," Tae said, staring down at his hands to avoid Kimmon's gaze. He's not lying, per se, it was just—he couldn't even put a name to this unsettled feeling that has been bothering him. "Just—"

"Hello lovebirds," Bas greeted as he arrived at their table. "Sorry I'm late, it's been a shitty day today, and I thought it would take me forever to get here."

Bas had surprised everyone when he continued studying and took up his Masters to manage their family business. He was so against taking it when they were still in college but somehow, his father got to him. Now, aside from manning their automobile business, he also helps out with Tae and Kimmon's restaurant.

Kimmon would usually manage the restaurant and Tae's bar since the latter is occupied in dealing with their family businesses. He is lucky to have both wealthy but down-to-earth friends since his family is not that wealthy and someone you would call middle-class.

"Bas, ask Tae why he's being grouchy will you, because he won't talk to me," Kimmon said and Tae shot him a deadly glare that the other just shrugged off and took another swig of his rapidly vanishing drink.

"I'm okay," Tae said. "It's just been a tiring week, that's all." It had been both long and extremely toxic, but being busy is what he needs. If only he could shake off this feeling he'd be fine.

"I'm going to the bar," Kimmon said, "Anyone?"

Tae lifted his bottle as an answer and Bas said, "Whiskey Sour please."

Kimmon sauntered off while Bas rounded on Tae. "So, how's it going with the two of you...you know?"

"We are not together, Bas!" Tae protested and enunciated each word.

"Just because the two of us are bisexuals and living in the same house doesn't mean we're always fucking like rabbits." Just some of the time, but Bas doesn't need to know that.

"So you've never blown Kim?" Bas asked with a giggle, covering his mouth as if he hadn't meant to say that at all. "Sorry!" he said from behind his hand, clearly in amusement.

Tae felt the heat rising up his neck and colouring his cheeks.

Bas removed his hand, "I knew it!"
"You knew what?" Kimmon asked as he got back with three drinks.

"That you and Tae are fuck-buddies"

"Bas!" Tae protested.

"Come on, Tae—Bas has known about it since it first happened." Tae glared accusingly at Bas who had the grace to blush and look a little guilty. It had first happened back in high school!

"Alright!" Tae said, giving up. "But we're still not dating, are we, Kim?"

"I never said that you were," Bas countered. "You're the one that assumed, how is that my fault?"

"Does Joss know that you get off on hearing about your best friends' sex lives just because he doesn't satisfy you himself?" Tae said in an attempt to draw the attention away from him and to get back at Bas.

"Oh, he more than satisfies me, Tae—but I'm a young, red-blooded man, who happens to find the image of you two getting it on hot"

"Shia Bas! If you think two's hot, wait until I tell you about the other night after Max's stag party!" Kimmon slammed his bottle on the table and leant forward, ready to tell the story.

Tae felt his stomach drop at the mention of that night, he didn't want it to be known, not even by Bas. He wasn't even entirely comfortable that he knew about him and Kimmon. This was something else entirely. "Kim—don't" he warned.

Kimmon's eyes widened but he did seal his lips closed with his fingers and rolled his eyes at Bas.

Tae tried to stir the subject "So Bas, tell us what you're bitching about today" He knew perfectly well that Kim would tell Bas anyway when he is out of earshot, but for now, he will pretend that it won't happen.