x

"Okay, I know that we're all guys and we don't give a shit about emotional stuff, not if we can help it, but you need to try your damnedest best and make an effort otherwise you're just four ex-schoolmates playing house unsuccessfully!" Bas scrutinized Tae, Kimmon, and Godt sternly over the top of his cup of coffee and all three of them squirmed. "Your lives are not separate. You're having a baby ─ and that's all three of you so you better start being a bit more supportive towards Tee, will you?"

"What's it got to do with you Bas?" Godt snapped from the other side of the room. "Last time I checked, you wanted to rip off his throat just because he slept with me."

Bas withered him with his trademark glare that Tae had been so sure could have bankrupt all-powerful businessmen including himself

Bas withered him with his trademark glare that Tae had been so sure could have bankrupt all-powerful businessmen including himself. "Tee's vulnerable now and he needs to feel that he's not alone in this. It's very admirable that you've all moved in together, but that's not enough."

Tae stared into his own cup and chose not to comment. He'd tried with Tee, he really did, but it was just so fucking awkward. He'd even confessed to showing him that he did care. It was just that he felt that if he talked to Tee about the baby then it made it more real, and at the moment he's not ready for it. He hasn't been keeping away from him exactly but he just hasn't been looking for him either.

He was holding back, afraid to get excited about the baby because if it turned out that the baby wasn't his then he had no right to be so invested-in Tee or the baby.

"I'll try, Bas," Kimmon said. "Just give us time, yeah? We're still getting the hang of it and this situation doesn't exactly come with a handbook!"

"Okay, fine, whatever," Godt huffed, getting to his feet. "I need some fresh air and a whiskey chaser. Anyone care to join me?"

"No thanks," Tae said automatically. "I've got an early meeting in the morning."

"I'll come. Havana Social?" Kimmon asked. At Godt's vague shrug he added, "See you soon Bas, later Tae"

Tae watched them leave the room and heard them shuffling with their coats in the hallway and the front door shutting before saying, "I am trying, you know, with Tee-but it's not easy." He pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. He really needs to sleep if he didn't want to fall asleep at the meeting tomorrow. "Do you think I should go and check on him?" Tee went straight to bed after dinner. He looked worn out.

"Let him have his sleep tonight. Just think of ways on how you can spend more time with him-alone and with the others. It's important."

Tae hummed in agreement and Bas left shortly afterward. When Tae went up to bed he stopped by Tee's bedroom door, hand raised to knock, before dropping it again, shaking his head, and moving towards his own room.

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼