vi

"I can't believe this is happening," Tae said, pulling on his hair with both hands with frustration, as though that would make this whole situation go away. "A whole year until we know." He paced the hardwood floor in the kitchen, sat down in a chair opposite Kimmon for a few seconds before pacing again.

"Dude, relax," Kimmon said calmly and Tae narrowed his eyes and sat back down again, folding his arms across his chest and staring at Kimmon across the table.

"I don't know why you're so calm about all this." Tae had thought that out of all of them, Kimmon would be the one freaking out the most, but it turned out that honour belonged to him. "Tee could be having your baby and you're not even bothered."

"It's a thirty-three per cent chance it's mine," Kimmon said reasonably, "And I don't mind if it is, not really. We all know how precious life is. If this baby is mine then I'll be a father to him or her."

"I thought you don't like Tee." Tae wished they could go back to the times that Kimmon and Tee used to snark at one another every chance they get. This new dynamic is foreign.

"Not anymore. He's not the stuck up brat he was at school-and I've grown up." Was he implying Tae hadn't? "We've all grown up. And he wants the baby, which says something because he could have easily had it aborted."

"I just don't think all of us living in one house is going to work," Tae huffed, feeling suddenly worn out. Tee would be living under Tae's roof, sleeping under Tae's roof---Tae did not like it one bit. "I don't like it."

"It was your suggestion!"

"Yeah, well, I hate to break it to you buddy, but it was a stupid one!" In the end this had been the only quick fix that worked for the four of them. All Tae knew was that if this was his child, he was about to become Tae's only family. He wanted that more than anything-which means that he wanted Tee living close-by.

He refused to think about the logic of four healthy devious barely twenty-five-year-old men living under one roof.