« 37 »

Miyoung sat on her seat quietly. She's still thinking about what Mark told her yesterday. Yes, she hates her mother for leaving her like that. But isn't it too far for her to send her own daughter a death threat?

"You're still thinking about her are you?" Jisung asks, nodging her shoulder

Miyoung smiled lightly, nodding her head.

Jisung sighs. "You should stop thinking about her. Um, how about you watch me practice basketball with the rest of the hyungs later? I'm sure it'll cheer you up."

Miyoung nods, smiling genuinely this time. "Alright, after school?"

"Yeah, after this lesson ends we're going to practice right away."

After the lesson ends, she followed Jisung to the basketball court. The rest of the dreamies, except Mark, are already there with some other students from the other team.

"Miyoung? Are you going to watch us practice?" Jeno asks, flashing his cute eyesmile

Miyoung nods, smiling back at him. "Yeah, I'm just gonna wait for you there."

Miyoung walked towards the bleachers, picking the right angle for her to watch them practice. 

The boys then start their practice, Miyoung had her eyes glued to Jaemin the whole time. He looks extremely attractive while playing basketball. Miyoung unconsciously smiled, seeing him playing basket ball is one of the seven wonders in the world for her.

Then a guy came up to her, sitting beside her. "Hey there, you're Miyoung right?"

Miyoung turned her head towards the guy, feeling a little uncomfortable. "Yeah."

"So you're watching them practice?" The guy asks again

Miyoung just smiled at him, feeling more and more uncomfortable. 

The guy leaned his body closer to her. "Are you up to some fun?"

Miyoung leaned away from him, standing up to move to another seat.

"Where are you going?" He asked, following her

Miyoung tried to ignore him, but he stopped her by holding her wrist.

Miyoung turned around, facing him. She was about to slap him, when suddenly someone throw a ball at the guy straight on his face.

"Ouch!" 

Miyoung turned her head, looking for whoever throw the ball at the guy. Jaemin walked up to her, holding her by the waist, glaring at the guy.

"You," Jaemin said with a cold tone

"Fuck off."

The guy chuckled. "It's none of your business, Na Jaemin."

Jaemin glared at him, his one and only enemy in this school.

"I said fuck off, Jinyoung." Jaemin said with a harsher tone

Jinyoung chuckled at his words. "Or what?"

Jaemin gritted his teeth, walking towards Jinyoung, punching him right in the face. Miyoung gasps, covering her mouth.

"Fuck." Jisung cursed, running towards the both of them who's currently fighting

The rest also came up to them, trying to separate them. Jaemin punched Jinyoung right in the face repeatedly until Haechan pulled him away. 

Jaemin panted, still glaring at Jinyoung who's currently lying on the ground, chuckling.

"I told you to fuck off." 

Jinyoung chuckled again, sitting up straight. "You're just a mean and a cruel person, and you just proved that to her."

Jaemin rolled his eyes, walking away from the scene, leaving everyone behind. 

Jisung sighs, patting Miyoung on her head. "I think you need to talk to him."

——💗

Jaemin sits on the bench alone. This is his favorite place to go whenever he's mad at school, the park. He was mad, mad at himself for letting his true self show. For showing Miyoung his rough side. 

He felt someone's presence from beside him, sitting next to him. He turned his head, his eyes meeting Miyoung's eyes.

She smiled at him, observing his face. "You're bleeding."

She raised her hand to his cheek, brushing her fingers over his wounds. He winced, looking away from her. 

"It's fine." He said 

Miyoung scoffed. "No, no it's not. You're hurt, and it's not fine."

Miyoung took some betadine and band-aid from her bag and then she cups his face, turning his face around so that he's facing her.

"What are you doing?"

Miyoung smiled, looking at him in the eye. "Just stay put."

She applied the betadine on his wounds and Jaemin winced in pain, squinting his eyes.

Miyoung chuckled. "Sorry." 

She then applied the band-aid on his right cheek, smiling afterwards.

"There, it's done." 

Then she took a bread from her bag, along with a bottle of water.

"Now, you need to eat." She said

Jaemin scoffed, looking away from her. "I'm not hungry."

Miyoung rolled her eyes, opening the bread, shoving it right in his mouth.

"You talk too much. You need to eat." Miyoung said, opening the bottle of watter.

Jaemin stared at her blankly, watching her every move while chewing the food in his mouth.

Miyoung gave him the bottle of water she already opened, smiling afterwards.

"Are you scared of me?" Jaemin asks suddenly

Miyoung's smile directly fade, staring at him straight in the eye. But she smiled again, reaching to hold his hand.

"Why would I? I don't have any reason to be scared of you, but I have millions of reasons to be scared of losing you."