Our Boy

This oneshot takes place during (6x6) and is based off of @Lotta_Love_27 's suggestion of what might of happened the moment Henry starts viewing Killian as his dad ! I hope all of you enjoy it and I hope that it's what you had in mind!! 💞

Killian's POV
Some how watching my brother reunite with Nemo, not only healed him but myself as well. Watching Liam find his home only helped me realized what a wonderful life I had right in front of me. I am not going to blow this with Emma and I do not intend to lose her again. I smile at my brother and Nemo and  make my down the hall to find Henry and Emma sitting side by side. Once they notice me, they make there way over; Henry looking concerned, while Emma puzzled.
"How's Liam? Is he okay?" Henry asks. He's quite the boy, caring about the man who almost murdered us.
"Aye, lad. He is now." I respond and Henry smiles and Emma pipes up.
"I feel like I'm still missing a huge part of the story here. Your kid brother has a submarine." She frowns slightly and continues, "And he kidnapped you." She gazes over at her son, while the boy looks to me.
"What were you guys doing at the docks in the first place?" There it was. The question I was almost too ashamed to answer. How was I supposed to tell my Swan I risked her sons life all to ensure she would live and to keep my secret? How could I admit that the selfish, cruel pirate had emerged once again? I look at the ground and Henry speaks.
"Do you want to tell her or should I?" I look up at him and he's looking back at me, smiling,
as if to show his support. He's right, Emma has to know and I have to be the one to tell her.
"It's alright, I've got this one mate." I give him a small smile, which he returns.
"See you at home, dad." He gives me a genuine smile and for a moment I completely forgot what I needed to tell Emma. It was clear that this was a surprise to Emma as well as she looked at her son and back at me. She gives me an almost amazed gaze as we watch our son walk away from us. She takes a few more steps toward me, but before she can talk about Henry, I interrupted her.
"Emma, we have to talk about what happened." The huge smile on her face disappeared for a moment as she too forgot about mine and Henry's adventure today.
"Okay.. so what's going on?" She gets even closer to me and tilts her head somewhat. I couldn't look at her, finally she and her son had accepted me as apart of their family and I had possibly ruined it forever.
"Everything that happened today was my fault." I paused and took a breath. "Henry was just trying to help me right or wrong." She gave me a look that broke my heart. She had been hurt before and I had just broken the trust that took forever to gain. She looks at me intensely before asking, "What kind of wrong?" I can tell she's trying to figure me out, the way I did with her when we first met. I looked down at my feet before summing the courage to tell her the truth. The whole truth this time. "When you asked me to dispose of those shears, I didn't." I finally met her eyes and she didn't look angry, only confused. I kept going, "I couldn't lose the one thing that could help save you." She looked away again and the truth was now sinking in. "Even if it meant that you hated me, but luckily your boy, our boy, made me see the error of my ways. And before you say anything, the shears are at the bottom of the sea, where they can tell now tales."
She just looks at me for a moment before saying, "It's okay, I get it." She gives me that satisfying smile I think about every time I see her, and a rush of relief hits me.
"You do?" Is the only phrase I'm able to muster out.
"I would've done the exact same thing." She smiles and places her hand on my face. "Killian, are you forgetting that I turned you into a dark one when I thought I was losing you. In comparison to turning the person you love into a dark one, lying about metal shears is nothing. Look, I forgive you and I love you." We look at each other for one moment more and I response with an 'I love you' and a kiss on the forehead.
"I'm sorry, are we seriously not going to talk about how my son called you his father?" She raises her eyebrows and chuckles.
"Thank god you brought it up, Swan. I didn't want to be the one that interrupted our discussion." I laugh in relief and finally release the joy I had been feeling.
"I'm so glad you didn't give up on me Killian. You know I need you with me? I don't think I could be here without you." She kisses me again and I melt into our embrace. She gives me a tight hug and I smile into her shoulder.
"Killian?" She pulls away from me to ask me something.
"Emma?" I ask. She takes a breath and chews on the corner of her nail.
"If I die, if the hooded figure does kill me, I need you to look after our son." She pauses. "I actually need you to look after all our family." I nod. "You know I will, Swan. I love our family and I love Henry. I've always viewed him as my own and sought to protect him."
She takes me hand and squeezes, "Thank you." I smile at her and we start to leave the hospital.
"Emma?" I look over to her.
"Hmm?" She looks right back at me.
"Have I told you how happy I am? About Henry I mean?" Her blank is expression transforms into a big smile.
"No I don't believe you did." She lays her head on my shoulder as we leave. "Let's go see our boy."
I nod in agreement. How in hell did I get so lucky to have her and Henry?

I know this one is pretty short, but I really enjoyed including Henry into my story and I'm hoping to do it more in the future. For this one, when I was thinking of a timeline that made sense for Henry to fully accept Killian as his father I immediately thought of this episode! I hope this was an enjoyable, fun, light read. If any of you has any more suggestions please leave a comment or feel free to message me. Thanks !! ❣️