Chapter 13

~Seokjin~

The pain in her eyes was bothering Seokjin. Yumi wasn't her usual self and that was bothering him a lot. He didn't like it.

"You didn't have to," Yumi said, hoarsely.

"I do," Seokjin said, eyes still on the road. "I'm the eldest here. What kind of person would I be if I don't do something when someone's sick?"

Yumi laughed, humourlessly. "I'm not one of the members. You don't need to concern yourself with me."

Seokjin hated that her laugh doesn't have that tinkly ring to it.

"You're a wife," Seokjin muttered, hands tightening on the steering wheel. "That makes you one of us. For now."

~Yumi~

We finally arrived.

As I was unbuckling myself, Seokjin's phone starting ringing. I saw Rijin's name flashed on the screen even though I didn't want to see it.

Seokjin grabbed the phone and then looked at me. "You'll be fine going in alone, right?"

I got irritated at that. "Well, yeah."

"Here."

I glanced at his wallet and then arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Rijin?" I heard Seokjin said, still holding the wallet for me. Well, it's not like I have money on me anyways. I had no other choice.

So I snatched the wallet from Seokjin's grasp, trying not to scowl at him. Seokjin was surprised at how hard I tugged at his wallet because he turned to look at me as Rijin began talking.

"I'll clean the whole pharmacy out and empty your wallet," I told him as I opened the door and slipped out. 

"What—hey!" Seokjin's voice was muffled as I slammed the door shut behind me and quickly walked into the pharmacy.

I felt my heart aching a little as I entered the pharmacy, knowing that Seokjin is on the phone with Rijin. Why did she ring him? It's so late right now... or maybe—

I shook my head to clear it. I don't care about what he does. He can sleep around if he wants, it has nothing to do with me.

With that thought in mind, I went on ahead with my shopping.

The whole ride back was somewhat awkward. When I got out, Seokjin and Rijin have already hung up. 

Must be so important if you can't even accompany your wife to buy medicine for her, I thought to myself before mentally slapping myself. So much for not caring. 

Seokjin opened the door to the house and flicked on the lights.

"Close the door," he said without looking at me as he took off his shoes.

When we stepped into the dorm, I saw that the members were nowhere to be seen. Knowing that they were probably tired and asleep, I plan to just take my medicine and then go sleep even though I know I won't be able to sleep for a while.

Thinking that Seokjin is going to go to sleep, he surprised me when I felt his warmth behind me. I quickly turned around and found myself pressed against the kitchen bench with Seokjin's body brushing mine slightly.