Chapter 50

~Yumi~

I looked at my suitcase before me. He'd packed my things.

"What's this?" I asked, letting tears rolled down my face. "You want me gone? And that fast?"

Seokjin closed his eyes briefly before opening them. He nodded. "Leave."

"No!" I cried. "Why? Why do you want me to leave?"

"Shortcake," he began.

That's when I lost it.

I grabbed the closest thing to me—a pillow and threw it at him. Seokjin sidestepped and the pillow hit the wall behind him. Just when I'm about to throw another one at him, one of his hands wrapped around my arm and the other tugging the pillow from my hands.

He shook my lightly, leaning his head down to peer at my face. "Shortcake, calm down. Listen to me."

So I did. It was hard, but I did it.

"Seokjin," I whispered. "I don't want to leave."

Seokjin's eyes softened and he reached out, stroking the side of my face. In his eyes, I could see how much he loves me. I don't deny that.

"You're free, Yumi."

"I—what?" I whispered.

Seokjin pinched my cheek, expression soft. "I'm saying that I'm letting you go."

My eyes widened and he dropped his hand to the side.

"Go be free," Seokjin murmured. "You and I are no longer bound. I'm letting you go."

"I don't get it," I whispered.

"I dealt with your father," Seokjin told me and my heart thumped at that. "He... won't bother us anymore. No, he won't bother you anymore."

I just stared at him, not knowing if I was hearing things right.

Seokjin gave me a small smile, "Forever. He won't hurt you ever again." Leaning slightly towards me, he said, "That's why you're free. We're over."

Tears welled in my eyes. "Really?"

He nodded.

"You're just going to—let me go?"

"Yeah."

"After everything we've been through?" I asked, my heart racing at the thought of leaving Seokjin. "You're just letting me go?"

"I don't know what you're trying to say, Shortcake."

"You're not going to ask me to stay?" I blurted, my heart aching. "Or even... fight for me? You're telling me you got rid of my father for good and then just tell me that I'm free to go?"

Seokjin sighed, raking a hand through his hair. "Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I did my part and you did yours too. We're no longer bound like before."

I stared.

"We should go back to our normal lives."

"Wasn't it you who told me that we're going to be together for a long, long time?"

Seokjin glanced down at me and I saw nothing in his eyes. Why do I feel the distant when we're right here in front of each other?

"I don't want to leave," I shook my head. "I want to stay here. With you."

Seokjin sighed, irritated. "You're kidding me."

I felt a stab in the heart. "Do you not want me to be here?"

"Why?"

"Because I like being with you," I said and swallowed the lump in my throat. "The members. The girls. You."

"And why is that?" Seokjin asked. I have a feeling he doesn't want me here. No, I know he doesn't want me here.

"Because I love you," I whispered.

Seokjin closed his eyes, like hearing me say those words hurt him. I've always thought that love brings nothing but pain... but all that changed when I met Seokjin. I came to really laugh and live. All because I fell in love with him.

I grabbed hold of his shirt and Seokjin's eyes flickered open. "D-don't you... love me too?"

He held my eyes for a few seconds before gently removing my hand from his shirt. "Please leave, Yumi. We're done here."

He didn't even wait for me and just walked past me towards the door. I grabbed hold of his hand, stopping him.

Seokjin glanced at me over his shoulders.

"Answer me!" I said, my voice cracking.

"You're free," he said, "Go be free, Yumi. Don't stay here."

I dropped his hand, feeling like he'd slapped me across the face. God, I could take my father's beatings but I can't take this kind of pain.

"I'm worth fighting for," I whispered.

Seokjin said nothing.

"I'm worth fighting for, dammit!" I cried, shoving him hard in the chest. "You're not even going to fight for me? For all the good times we've shared and the promises we made?"

Again, nothing.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to cry in front of him. I will not cry again. I could feel my heart breaking and I wanted to curse at Seokjin for making me fall for him... only to let me go so easily.

Opening my eyes, I glanced up at him, glaring at him through the tears, I snapped. "I'll leave."

~Seokjin~

Seokjin watched from above as Yumi disappeared from his sight. He heard the members shuffling into his room but he kept his eyes on where Yumi had gone. She was really gone.

"Hyung," Namjoon said, quietly. "Are you sure about this?"

"I want her to be happy," Seokjin said, hands in his pockets. "Yumi's like a caged bird. She never really got the chance to fly."

"But still," Yoongi trailed off. "I don't think this is the way to go—"

"She wants to be free," Seokjin cut him off. "I want her to be free to."

He heard them sigh.

"What about you?" Hoseok asked him. Seokjin could feel his members walking towards him. "Are you really going to be okay without her?"

No. He will never be okay again.

"You love her, don't you?" Jungkook said, standing beside Seokjin, hand on his shoulder. "I know you do."

After realising what Yumi had gone through, Seokjin wanted to help her in any way that he can. He will bury his love for her so that he can give her the whole world. If it meant that he was going to have to live his whole life without having Yumi, he will be okay. He just wanted her to be happy.

Up until now, all Yumi know was pain and betrayal. That was until Seokjin came and changed her life... knowing and loving the fact that her smiles became softer and brighter because of him. But that was that. She never got the chance to meet other people or see other places.

Seokjin wanted that for her.

All she knew aside from her psychotic father, was Seokjin and his members as well as their girls. He knew she wouldn't leave but he wanted her to because God knows one day she might regret not meeting other people and going to other places.

"You're an idiot," Taehyung said, quietly.

Seokjin laughed softly at that. He really was.

They all stood there, hoping that Seokjin will feel comforted by their presence. That he knows that he can turn to them, his younger members if he needed to.