Chapter 32

~Minseo~

"Mess this up, Shortcake and I'll have to choke the life out of you with the bandages."

Yumi rolled her eyes at his words, "I'm not good with bandages or anything."

Even though you got hurt so many times in high school, I thought to myself as I watched the two. I couldn't shake the guilt I was feeling every time Yumi or Seokjin is near. Although I was told that the two don't get along well... when I met Yumi, I was truly happy that it was her who married Seokjin. Maybe it was because I knew of her... but then I started to remember what high school was like. For her.

I felt Taehyung rest his chin on my shoulder from behind.

"If you keep paying attention to Seokjin, I'm going to be mad," he told me, voice low.

I softened at his words, reaching up to cup the side of his face while my eyes stayed on the two. I watched as Yumi struggled with the bandages and despite what Seokjin said before, he was deeply amused as he watched her. That's love in his eyes. Does he realise it?

"Taehyung," I said, quietly. "Do you... think I should stay quiet?"

"About what?"

"Just... it's not my business, is it?" I murmured to myself. "I shouldn't say anything or do anything.... Right?"

Taehyung lifted his chin from my shoulder before turning me around to face him. He looked confused as he stared at me.

"Do you know something?" Taehyung asked me, slowly. "You're talking about Yumi? Or Seokjin?"

I hesitated. "I—don't know anything. I'm just—eek!"

Lightning fast, Taehyung grabbed onto my nose, eyes narrowing on me. "Don't start lying to me now."

I batted his hand away, rubbing my nose as I glared at him, "You always do that!"

Taehyung's lips twitched and he cleared his throat. "So? Care to tell me what you mean?"

Thinking it's best if I do stay out of their business after all, I leaned in and wrapped my arms around Taehyung. His arms came around me and they tightened.

"It's not like you to be affectionate," Taehyung murmured, dropping a kiss to the top of my head. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, loudly. "I don't want to reopen any nightmare."

"Nightmare?"

I lifted my head up and took in Taehyung's expression. It looked like he was trying to figure out what I'm talking about but before I could let him do that or ask me further questions, I went on my toes, pressing my lips against his to distract him.

It worked.

I'm sorry, Seokjin. As much as I love you, I can't do or say anything that will hurt Yumi even more.

~Yumi~

I looked up and then turned my head away when I saw Taehyung and Minseo kissing each other.

"Get a room," Seokjin called out.

I slapped his arm, "Don't!"

Seokjin turned to look at me before he moved in closer, "Are you blushing?"