Chapter 17

~Yumi~

I didn't want to be here. My father's company is a place that I dreaded going to but at least it's better than his private house.

Seokjin didn't know I was here though. I'd sneaked out when they were in an important meeting. Even though I didn't want to, if I didn't come here, my father will come after me. Not to mention, Taehyung's girlfriend was coming home today and since everyone (aside from Seokjin) wanted to me to eat with them, I have no choice but to come here. It will save me from the trouble my father plan to cause.

Curling my hands into fists, I said, "If that's it then I'm leaving."

"You've been with him for a year and you got nothing?" he glared at me as he leaned against his desk, arms crossed. Even now, I still don't have a clue what he blackmailed Seokjin with. I just knew that it's enough for Seokjin to listen to him.

With a smirk, I said, "Why, because blackmailing his father isn't enough? You want something on Seokjin too?"

Lightning fast, he had his hands wrapped around my throat, throttling me as I struggled against his hold. My vision blurred and like always, the fear slowly started to creep in as I clawed at my father's hands. Finally, he lets go of me, shoving me back so hard that I fell back, slamming against the wall before my head connected with the table. To make things worse, the framed photo above me fell down, its shattered pieces sliced at my arms as I struggled to get to my feet as fast as I can. The longer I stay down, the more my father will come at me with his fists. Pain rippled through me as I struggled to get back to my feet, hand at my throat as I tried to breathe.

"Don't test me," he hissed. "You're nothing to me."

I could feel something warm trickling down the side of my head as well as the blood soaking from the wounds on my arms. Great. Just what I needed.

"We both know I'm right though," I gasped out, feeling my head throbbed. "I hate to break it to you but Seokjin doesn't even let me close to him or anyone so I can't give you what you want."

"Dig harder."

I smirked at that and winced, "No."

My father raised his hand again and I braced myself for the hit but it was the sound of someone knocking on his door that saved me. Seeing that it was his secretary, he lowered his hand but not before he pointed at me.

"We're not done."

"We are so done," I said, with a sneer. "You can't threaten me anymore, father. I got nothing to lose."

He barked a laugh but there was anger there. "But you married him though."

"Because I wanted to know where my mother was buried," I spat out, angrily, "but it's been one year and you've not said a single word about it so I'm thinking it's best if I divorce him."

"Got nothing to lose?" he laughed once more. "One word from me and you'll have no job. That's what you want, isn't it? A job so that you can run away from here."

He took a step towards me. "But you know what, dear daughter? You can never escape. I'll always find you. Just like I did with your mother."

That rattled me in so many ways but I forced a smile. That cold, hard smile that shows just how unaffected I wish I was.

"You don't scare me," I said as I made my way towards the door. "I can easily expose you for your abuse, dear father."

"But you won't," my father called out just as my hand landed on the door knob. "Because you want to know where your mother is, don't you?"